Affiliation: Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Super-resolution 3D microscopy of live whole cells using structured illuminationLin Shao
Janelia Farm Research Campus, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Ashburn, Virginia, USA
Nat Methods 8:1044-6. 2011..We demonstrate the technique by imaging microtubules in S2 cells and mitochondria in HeLa cells...
- Lattice light-sheet microscopy: imaging molecules to embryos at high spatiotemporal resolutionBi Chang Chen
Janelia Research Campus, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Ashburn, VA 20147, USA
Science 346:1257998. 2014..The results provide a visceral reminder of the beauty and the complexity of living systems. ..
- 3D live fluorescence imaging of cellular dynamics using Bessel beam plane illumination microscopyLiang Gao
1 Janelia Farm Research Campus, Howard Hughes Medical Institute HHMI, Ashburn, Virginia, USA 2
Nat Protoc 9:1083-101. 2014..Assuming all components are readily available, it would take a person skilled in optical instrumentation ∼1 month to assemble and operate a microscope according to this protocol. ..
- Noninvasive imaging beyond the diffraction limit of 3D dynamics in thickly fluorescent specimensLiang Gao
Janelia Farm Research Campus, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Ashburn, VA 20147, USA
Cell 151:1370-85. 2012..elegans embryos. Bessel beam structured plane illumination thus promises new insights into complex biological phenomena that require 4D subcellular spatiotemporal detail in either a single or multicellular context...
- Time-lapse two-color 3D imaging of live cells with doubled resolution using structured illuminationReto Fiolka
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Janelia Farm Research Campus, Ashburn, VA 20147, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:5311-5. 2012..To demonstrate the capabilities of our microscope, we image a variety of biological structures, including mitochondria, clathrin-coated vesicles, and the actin cytoskeleton, in either HeLa cells or cultured neurons...