Affiliation: Howard University
- Speckle tracking-derived mitral annular velocities predict mortality in patients with acute coronary syndromeSirikarn Napan
Division of Cardiology, Howard University Hospital, Washington, District of Columbia 20060, USA
Echocardiography 29:560-7. 2012..We sought to determine whether mitral annular velocities, derived from novel speckle tracking echocardiography (STE), could predict mortality in patients with acute coronary syndrome (ACS)...
- Racial difference in cardiovascular outcomes following percutaneous coronary intervention in a public health service patient populationSirikarn Napan
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, John H Stroger, Jr Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 22:168-73. 2010..Our aim was to compare major adverse cardiac events (MACE) following PCI in black versus non-black patients in a Public Health Service (PHS) setting...
- Prognostic significance of preprocedural troponin-I in patients with non-ST elevation acute coronary syndromes undergoing percutaneous coronary interventionSirikarn Napan
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Howard University Hospital, Washington, DC 20060, USA
Coron Artery Dis 21:261-5. 2010..We sought to determine the prognostic significance of cardiac troponin I (cTnI) in patients with non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndromes (NSTE-ACS) treated with PCI...
- Prevalence of atrial fibrillation and its predictors in nondialysis patients with chronic kidney diseaseWanwarat Ananthapanyasut
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Advocate Christ Medical Center, Oak Lawn, Illinois 60453, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 5:173-81. 2010..This study also reports independent predictors of the presence of AF in this population...
- Carbohydrate antigen 125 predicts long-term mortality in African American patients with acute decompensated heart failureIbrahim N Mansour
Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Springfield, USA
Congest Heart Fail 16:15-20. 2010..CA125 value is a strong and independent predictor of long-term mortality in AA patients admitted with a diagnosis of acute decompensated HF. Identifying a higher-risk cohort might allow for a more targeted treatment approach...
- Value of early cardiac troponin I to predict long-term adverse events after coronary artery bypass graft surgery in patients presenting with acute coronary syndromesAmit P Amin
The John H Stroger Jr Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Clin Cardiol 32:386-92. 2009..The prognostic value of very early cTnI in this context is unclear...
- Nocturnal blood pressure nondipping in obese African-AmericansSirikarn Napan
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Howard University Hospital, Washington, District of Columbia 20060, USA
Blood Press Monit 16:111-6. 2011..We, therefore, aimed to evaluate the pattern of circadian BP variation and to identify clinical conditions associated with nondipping in this population...
- Six minute walk test predicts long-term all-cause mortality and heart failure rehospitalization in African-American patients hospitalized with acute decompensated heart failureM Tarek Alahdab
Division of Cardiology, John H Stroger, Jr Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, IL, USA
J Card Fail 15:130-5. 2009..We prospectively evaluated the usefulness of the 6MWT in predicting mortality and HF rehospitalization in AA patients with acute decompensated HF...