Sisir K Dutta
Affiliation: Howard University
- Biomarkers Linking PCB Exposure and ObesitySomiranjan Ghosh
415 College Street, NW, Room 335, EE Just Hall, Washington DC 20059, USA
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 15:1058-68. 2014..The results strongly suggest that further research into the specific mechanisms of PCBs-associated diseases is warranted. ..
- Differential gene expression and a functional analysis of PCB-exposed children: understanding disease and disorder developmentSisir K Dutta
Molecular Genetics Laboratory, Howard University, Washington, DC 20059, USA
Environ Int 40:143-54. 2012..Future endeavors of supervised genotyping of pathway-specific molecular epidemiological studies and population biomarker validations are already underway to reveal individual risk factors in these PCB-exposed populations...
- Analysis of the toxicogenomic effects of exposure to persistent organic pollutants (POPs) in Slovakian girls: correlations between gene expression and disease riskPartha Sarathi Mitra
Howard University, Washington, DC 20059, USA
Environ Int 39:188-99. 2012..This report underscores the importance of further study to validate the results in a random population and to evaluate the use of the identified genes as biomarkers for POP exposure...
- Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB-153) and (PCB-77) absorption in human liver (HepG2) and kidney (HK2) cells in vitro: PCB levels and cell deathSomiranjan Ghosh
Department of Biology, Howard University, Washington DC 20059, USA
Environ Int 36:893-900. 2010....
- Global gene expression and Ingenuity biological functions analysis on PCBs 153 and 138 induced human PBMC in vitro reveals differential mode(s) of action in developing toxicitiesSomiranjan Ghosh
Molecular Genetics Laboratory, Department of Biology, Howard University, Washington, DC 20059, USA
Environ Int 37:838-57. 2011....
- PCB congener specific oxidative stress response by microarray analysis using human liver cell lineSupriyo De
Department of Biology, Howard University, Washington, DC 20059, United States
Environ Int 36:907-17. 2010..In contrast, PCB-77 acted through the aryl hydrocarbon receptor. It induced oxidative stress through the involvement of cytochrome P450 (CYP1A1) leading to apoptosis through AHR/ARNT pathway...
- CYP1A1 and MT1K are congener specific biomarker genes for liver diseases induced by PCBsSisir K Dutta
Molecular Genetics Laboratory, Department of Biology, Howard University, 415 College Street, NW, Washington DC 20059, USA
Environ Toxicol Pharmacol 25:218-21. 2008..Affymetrix oligonucleotide microarrays (mRNA) were used to screen the entire genome of human liver cells in a time-dependent exposure and were further validated by quantitative real-time RT-PCR...
- Altered protein expressions in chronic PCB-153-induced human liver (HepG2) cellsSomiranjan Ghosh
Department of Biology, Howard University, Washington, DC, USA
Int J Toxicol 26:203-12. 2007..g., p21, p53, and c-myc) proteins in the cellular model. These results suggest that chronic exposure to PCB-153 can induce cell survival by altering several apoptotic and tumor suppressor proteins...