Tanya N Alim
Affiliation: Howard University
- An overview of posttraumatic stress disorder in African AmericansTanya N Alim
Department of Psychiatry, Howard University College of Medicine, 2041 Georgia Ave, Washington, DC 20060, USA
J Clin Psychol 62:801-13. 2006..Additionally, treatment issues and potential directions for future research of PTSD in the African American population are discussed...
- Trauma exposure, posttraumatic stress disorder and depression in an African-American primary care populationTanya N Alim
Department of Psychiatry, Howard University, Washington, DC 20060, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 98:1630-6. 2006..African Americans are more likely to seek treatment for psychiatric disorders in a primary care setting. Our study evaluated trauma exposure, PTSD and major depression in African Americans attending primary care offices...
- Sleep paralysis and trauma, psychiatric symptoms and disorders in an adult African American population attending primary medical careThomas A Mellman
Department ofPsychiatry, Howard University Mental Health Clinic, 530 College St, Washington, DC 20059, USA
Depress Anxiety 25:435-40. 2008..Our findings suggest that SP is not uncommon in adult African Americans and is associated with trauma and concurrent distress but not with a specific psychiatric diagnosis...
- PTSD treatment of African American adults in primary care: the gap between current practice and evidence-based treatment guidelinesRuth Elaine Graves
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Howard University, Washington, DC 20060, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 103:585-93. 2011..This study is an examination of PTSD treatment of African Americans in the primary care setting. Actual treatment provision is contrasted with existing evidence-based PTSD treatment guidelines...
- Diagnosing bipolar disorder in trauma exposed primary care patientsRuth Elaine Graves
Howard University School of Medicine, Washington, DC 20011, USA
Bipolar Disord 9:318-23. 2007..The current study is an examination of the usefulness of this instrument in a trauma exposed subgroup of mainly African American patients attending primary care clinics...
- Trauma, resilience, and recovery in a high-risk African-American populationTanya N Alim
Department of Psychiatry, Howard University, Washington, DC, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:1566-75. 2008....