Genomes and Genes
A K Groves
Affiliation: House Ear Institute
- Competence, specification and commitment in otic placode inductionA K Groves
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Development 127:3489-99. 2000..Use of the four molecular otic placode markers suggests that induction of the otic placode in birds occurs earlier than previously thought, and proceeds in a series of steps that are independently regulated...
- Culture in reduced levels of oxygen promotes clonogenic sympathoadrenal differentiation by isolated neural crest stem cellsS J Morrison
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
J Neurosci 20:7370-6. 2000..2000) suggests that neural stem cells may exhibit a conserved response to reduced oxygen levels...
- BMP signaling is necessary for patterning the sensory and nonsensory regions of the developing mammalian cochleaTakahiro Ohyama
Division of Cell Biology and Genetics, House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, California 90057, USA
J Neurosci 30:15044-51. 2010..Our results suggest BMP signaling is required for patterning sensory and nonsensory tissue in the mammalian cochlea...
- Alternative neural crest cell fates are instructively promoted by TGFbeta superfamily membersN M Shah
Division of Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, 91125, USA
Cell 85:331-43. 1996..Like neuregulin, BMP2 and TGFbeta1 act instructively rather than selectively. The neural crest and hematopoietic systems may therefore utilize growth factors in different ways to generate cellular diversity...
- A reciprocal cell-cell interaction mediated by NT-3 and neuregulins controls the early survival and development of sympathetic neuroblastsJ M Verdi
Division of Biology 216 76, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125, USA
Neuron 16:515-27. 1996..These data suggest a reciprocal cell-cell interaction, in which neuroblast-derived neuregulins promote NT-3 production by neighboring nonneuronal cells, which in turn promotes neuroblast survival and further differentiation...
- Novel Method for Targeted Gene Disruption in the EarAndrew Groves; Fiscal Year: 2002....