Cathleen L Raggio
Affiliation: Hospital for Special Surgery
- Sexual dimorphism in adolescent idiopathic scoliosisCathleen L Raggio
Hospital for Special Surgery, 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Orthop Clin North Am 37:555-8. 2006..There are important differences in male and female AIS that impact diagnosis, treatment, and outcomes...
- Lack of evidence of WNT3A as a candidate gene for congenital vertebral malformationsNader Ghebranious
University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin, USA and Geriatrics Research, Education, and Clinical Center, William S, Middleton Veterans Administration Medical Center, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Scoliosis 2:13. 2007..We hypothesized that WNT3A mutations might account for a subset of congenital vertebral malformations...
- Advances in understanding etiology of achondroplasia and review of managementErin M Carter
The Center for Skeletal Dysplasias, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York 10021, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 19:32-7. 2007..Children commonly have recurrent ear infections, delayed motor milestones, and eventually develop bowed legs and lumbar lordosis. People with achondroplasia are generally of normal intelligence...
- Genetic and orthopedic aspects of collagen disordersErin M Carter
Kathryn O and Alan C Greenberg Center for Skeletal Dysplasias, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, New York 11238, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 21:46-54. 2009..Accordingly, abnormality in the various collagens produces a large category of diseases with heterogeneous symptoms. This review presents genetic and orthopedic aspects of type II, IX, and XI collagen disorders...
- The kathryn o. And alan C. Greenberg center for skeletal dysplasias: an interdisciplinary approachErin M Carter
Kathryn O and Alan C Greenberg Center for Skeletal Dysplasias, Hospital for Special Surgery, 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY, 10021, USA
HSS J 4:112-6. 2008..Goals are achieved through a collaborative process that utilizes the expertise of the different professionals...
- Alendronate treatment for infants with osteogenesis imperfecta: demonstration of efficacy in a mouse modelEdith A McCarthy
Perinatology Division, The New York Presbyterian Hospital Cornell University, New York, USA
Pediatr Res 52:660-70. 2002..Based on the data from this study, ALN therapy in infants with OI should prove to be effective...
- A novel locus for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis on chromosome 12pCathleen L Raggio
Department of Pediatric Orthopedics, Hospital for Special Surgery, 535 East 70th Street, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Orthop Res 27:1366-72. 2009..This study is the first to find evidence of an AIS susceptibility locus on chromosome 12. Detection of AIS susceptibility QTLs on multiple chromosomes in this and other studies demonstrate that the condition is genetically heterogeneous...
- DLL3 as a candidate gene for vertebral malformationsPhilip F Giampietro
Department of Medical Genetic Services, Marshfield Clinic, Marshfield, Wisconsin 54449, USA
Am J Med Genet A 140:2447-53. 2006....
- Evaluation of SLC35A3 as a candidate gene for human vertebral malformationsNader Ghebranious
Molecular Diagnostics Genotyping Laboratory, Marshfield Clinic, Marshfield, Wisconsin, USA
Am J Med Genet A 140:1346-8. 2006
- Congenital and idiopathic scoliosis: clinical and genetic aspectsPhilip F Giampietro
Medical Genetics Services, Marshfield Clinic, Marshfield, Wisconsin 54449, USA
Clin Med Res 1:125-36. 2003..Utilizing synteny analysis of the mouse and human genetic databases, likely candidate genes for human CS and IS were identified...