L A Mandl
Affiliation: Hospital for Special Surgery
- Determining who should be referred for total hip and knee replacementsLisa A Mandl
Hospital for Special Surgery, 535 E 70th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Nat Rev Rheumatol 9:351-7. 2013..This article also underscores the benefits of ongoing discussion regarding TJR with all patients with moderate-to-severe chronic hip or knee pain and disability...
- Falls among patients who had elective orthopaedic surgery: a decade of experience from a musculoskeletal specialty hospitalLisa A Mandl
Division of Rheumatology and the Quality Research Center, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY, USA
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 43:91-6. 2013..Retrospective cohort study...
- Is there a role for expectation maximization imputation in addressing missing data in research using WOMAC questionnaire? Comparison to the standard mean approach and a tutorialHassan M K Ghomrawi
Department of Public Health, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 12:109. 2011..In this study, we compare imputation results for the Expectation Maximization method (EM) and the mean imputation method for WOMAC in a cohort of total hip replacement patients...
- Protein, iron, and meat consumption and risk for rheumatoid arthritis: a prospective cohort studyElizabeth Benito-Garcia
Section of Clinical Sciences, Division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Francis Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 9:R16. 2007..We were unable to confirm that there is an association between protein or meat and risk for RA in this large female cohort. Iron was also not associated with RA in this cohort...
- Injectable hyaluronan for the treatment of carpometacarpal osteoarthritis: open label pilot trialLisa A Mandl
Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY 10021, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 25:2103-8. 2009..Intra-articular Hylan G-F 20 has been shown to improve pain and function in patients with knee OA; however, its effectiveness in CMC OA is less clear...
- Is birthweight associated with risk of rheumatoid arthritis? Data from a large cohort studyL A Mandl
Division of Rheumatology, Hospital for Special Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York City, New York 10021, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 68:514-8. 2009..We examine whether the fetal environment, as reflected by birthweight, could modulate an individual's future risk of rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Using magnetic resonance angiography to measure abnormal synovial blood vessels in early inflammatory arthritis: a new imaging biomarker?Lisa C Vasanth
Division of Rheumatology and Division of Radiology and Imaging, Hospital for Special Surgery, 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Rheumatol 37:1129-35. 2010..To ascertain whether magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) can reliably detect synovial neovascularization in subjects with early inflammatory arthritis...
- Epidemiology of anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: trends, readmissions, and subsequent knee surgeryStephen Lyman
Foster Center for Clinical Outcome Research, Hospital for Special Surgery, 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 91:2321-8. 2009..We sought to identify the frequency of anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, the rates of subsequent operations and readmissions, and potential predictors of these outcomes...
- Could preoperative preferences and expectations influence surgical decision making? Rheumatoid arthritis patients contemplating metacarpophalangeal joint arthroplastyLisa A Mandl
Department of Medicine, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 121:175-80. 2008..The goals of this assessment were to elicit rheumatoid arthritis patients' expectations of metacarpophalangeal joint arthroplasty and to explore how preoperative preferences might influence patients' surgical decision making...
- Prevalence and risk factors for symptomatic thromboembolic events after shoulder arthroplastyStephen Lyman
Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY 10021, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 448:152-6. 2006..Perioperative antithrombotic prophylaxis may be beneficial to reduce the frequency of deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolisms among patients having shoulder arthroplasties, particularly in higher-risk groups...
- Metacarpophalangeal arthroplasty in rheumatoid arthritis: what determines satisfaction with surgery?Lisa A Mandl
Division of Rheumatology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Rheumatol 29:2488-91. 2002..We investigate which outcomes most strongly correlate with patient satisfaction...
- Can the carpometacarpal joint be injected accurately in the office setting? Implications for therapyLisa A Mandl
Department of Medicine, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, New York, USA
J Rheumatol 33:1137-9. 2006..To investigate whether carpometacarpal (CMC) injections can be performed accurately in the office setting in patients with moderate to severe CMC osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Smoking intensity, duration, and cessation, and the risk of rheumatoid arthritis in womenKaren H Costenbader
Division of Rheumatology, Immunology, and Allergy, Robert B Brigham Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases Clinical Research Center, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
Am J Med 119:503.e1-9. 2006....
- Comparison of threshold cutpoints and continuous measures of anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies in predicting future rheumatoid arthritisLori B Chibnik
Division of Rheumatology, Immunology, and Allergy, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Rheumatol 36:706-11. 2009..While the anti-CCP level is commonly dichotomized for clinical use, the best threshold for and utility of the titer as a continuous variable to predict development of RA are uncertain...
- Do breast-feeding and other reproductive factors influence future risk of rheumatoid arthritis? Results from the Nurses' Health StudyElizabeth W Karlson
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, and Harvard School of Public Health, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Arthritis Rheum 50:3458-67. 2004....
- Coffee consumption and risk of rheumatoid arthritisElizabeth W Karlson
Harvard Medical School, and Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Arthritis Rheum 48:3055-60. 2003..We studied whether coffee, decaffeinated coffee, total coffee, tea, or overall caffeine consumption was associated with the risk of RA, using the Nurses' Health Study, a longitudinal cohort study of 121,701 women...
- Cardiovascular morbidity and mortality in women diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritisDaniel H Solomon
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
Circulation 107:1303-7. 2003..Rheumatoid arthritis may be associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular disease. We compared the incidence rates of myocardial infarction and stroke in subjects with and without rheumatoid arthritis...
- An RCT for Treating Carpometacarpal OsteoarthritisLISA MANDL; Fiscal Year: 2007..This will fill a gap in the literature, and provide evidence-based data for intra-articular corticosteroids, the present use of which is based only on anecdotal and conventional practices. ..