Kethy M Jules-Elysee
Affiliation: Hospital for Special Surgery
- Steroid modulation of cytokine release and desmosine levels in bilateral total knee replacement: a prospective, double-blind, randomized controlled trialKethy M Jules- Elysee
Department of Anesthesiology, 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 94:2120-7. 2012..In the present study, we investigated whether the administration of three doses would reduce IL-6 levels at twenty-four hours and affect other outcomes such as desmosine level, a marker of lung injury...
- Pulmonary artery versus central venous catheter monitoring in the outcome of patients undergoing bilateral total knee replacementKethy M Jules Elysee
Hospital for Special Surgery, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
HSS J 5:27-30. 2009..There was no statistically significant difference in cardiac or pulmonary complications, or LOHS between the two groups. Central venous pressure monitoring appears to be sufficient in patients undergoing BTKR...
- Use of low-dose steroids in decreasing cytokine release during bilateral total knee replacementKethy M Jules-Elysee
Department of Anesthesiology, Hospital for Special Surgery, 535 E 70th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Reg Anesth Pain Med 36:36-40. 2011..The role of steroids has never been evaluated before in that setting...
- Addition of pregabalin to multimodal analgesic therapy following ankle surgery: a randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled trialJacques T YaDeau
Department of Anesthesiology, Hospital for Special Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College, NewYork, NY 10021, USA
Reg Anesth Pain Med 37:302-7. 2012..Secondary outcomes included measures of opioid and pregabalin adverse effects...
- Pulmonary injury in patients undergoing complex spine surgeryMichael K Urban
Department of Anesthesiology, Hospital for Special Surgery, 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Spine J 5:269-76. 2005..By analyzing the bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid from these patients for evidence of acute inflammation, we might gain some insight into the etiology of this acute lung injury...
- Periprosthetic Joint Infections Treated with Two-Stage Revision over 14Years: An Evolving Microbiology ProfileBenjamin T Bjerke-Kroll
Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, New York
J Arthroplasty 29:877-82. 2014..acnes, and dental prophylaxis against S. viridans. ..
- Clonidine and analgesic duration after popliteal fossa nerve blockade: randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyJacques T YaDeau
Department of Anesthesiology, Hospital for Special Surgery, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York City, NY 10011, USA
Anesth Analg 106:1916-20. 2008..We tested the hypothesis that 100 microg clonidine added to 0.375% bupivacaine would prolong the duration of analgesia from popliteal fossa nerve blockade...