Kethy M Jules-Elysee
Affiliation: Hospital for Special Surgery
- Use of low-dose steroids in decreasing cytokine release during bilateral total knee replacementKethy M Jules-Elysee
Department of Anesthesiology, Hospital for Special Surgery, 535 E 70th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Reg Anesth Pain Med 36:36-40. 2011..The role of steroids has never been evaluated before in that setting...
- Patient-controlled epidural analgesia or multimodal pain regimen with periarticular injection after total hip arthroplasty: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyKethy M Jules-Elysee
Departments of Anesthesiology K M J E, A K G, Y L, R L K, D D B, E A G, S C R, J C, J T Y and Orthopedic Surgery G H W, D E P, D J M, A S R, C S R, Hospital for Special Surgery, 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY 10021 E mail address for K M Jules Elysee
J Bone Joint Surg Am 97:789-98. 2015..We hypothesized that PAI would lead to earlier readiness for discharge, decreased opioid consumption, and lower pain scores...
- Steroid modulation of cytokine release and desmosine levels in bilateral total knee replacement: a prospective, double-blind, randomized controlled trialKethy M Jules- Elysee
Department of Anesthesiology, 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 94:2120-7. 2012..In the present study, we investigated whether the administration of three doses would reduce IL-6 levels at twenty-four hours and affect other outcomes such as desmosine level, a marker of lung injury...
- Pulmonary artery versus central venous catheter monitoring in the outcome of patients undergoing bilateral total knee replacementKethy M Jules Elysee
Hospital for Special Surgery, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
HSS J 5:27-30. 2009..There was no statistically significant difference in cardiac or pulmonary complications, or LOHS between the two groups. Central venous pressure monitoring appears to be sufficient in patients undergoing BTKR...
- Addition of pregabalin to multimodal analgesic therapy following ankle surgery: a randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled trialJacques T YaDeau
Department of Anesthesiology, Hospital for Special Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College, NewYork, NY 10021, USA
Reg Anesth Pain Med 37:302-7. 2012..Secondary outcomes included measures of opioid and pregabalin adverse effects...
- Addition of Dexamethasone and Buprenorphine to Bupivacaine Sciatic Nerve Block: A Randomized Controlled TrialJacques T YaDeau
From the Department of Anesthesiology, Weill Cornell Medical College Hospital for Special Surgery and Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY
Reg Anesth Pain Med 40:321-9. 2015..Sciatic nerve block provides analgesia after foot and ankle surgery, but block duration may be insufficient. We hypothesized that perineural dexamethasone and buprenorphine would reduce pain scores at 24 hours...
- Clonidine and analgesic duration after popliteal fossa nerve blockade: randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyJacques T YaDeau
Department of Anesthesiology, Hospital for Special Surgery, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York City, NY 10011, USA
Anesth Analg 106:1916-20. 2008..We tested the hypothesis that 100 microg clonidine added to 0.375% bupivacaine would prolong the duration of analgesia from popliteal fossa nerve blockade...
- Pulmonary injury in patients undergoing complex spine surgeryMichael K Urban
Department of Anesthesiology, Hospital for Special Surgery, 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Spine J 5:269-76. 2005..By analyzing the bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) fluid from these patients for evidence of acute inflammation, we might gain some insight into the etiology of this acute lung injury...
- Periprosthetic joint infections treated with two-stage revision over 14 years: an evolving microbiology profileBenjamin T Bjerke-Kroll
Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, New York
J Arthroplasty 29:877-82. 2014..acnes, and dental prophylaxis against S. viridans...