Carolyn M Hettrich
Affiliation: Hospital for Special Surgery
- The anterolateral approach to the proximal humerus for nonunions and delayed unionsCarolyn M Hettrich
Department of Orthopaedic Trauma Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, USA
Int J Shoulder Surg 5:21-5. 2011....
- Locked plating of the proximal humerus using an endosteal implantCarolyn M Hettrich
Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Orthop Trauma 26:212-5. 2012..To report on the use of a supplemental medial endosteal implant to prevent varus collapse and screw cutout in proximal humerus fractures treated with a laterally placed locking plate...
- Quantitative assessment of the vascularity of the proximal part of the humerusCarolyn M Hettrich
Hospital for Special Surgery, 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 92:943-8. 2010..We hypothesized that the posterior humeral circumflex artery provides a greater percentage of perfusion to the humeral head than the anterior humeral circumflex artery does...
- Rate of avascular necrosis following proximal humerus fractures treated with a lateral locking plate and endosteal implantAndrew S Neviaser
Orthopaedic Trauma Service, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY, USA
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 131:1617-22. 2011..Avascular necrosis is not solely dependent on the initial fracture pattern, but can also result from intraoperative and postoperative vascular insults...
- Endosteal strut augment reduces complications associated with proximal humeral locking platesAndrew S Neviaser
Orthopaedic Trauma Service, Hospital for Special Surgery, 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 469:3300-6. 2011..Complications associated with these devices, including loss of reduction, screw cutout, and intra-articular penetration, are frequent. Establishing a second column of support may reduce complications and improve clinical outcome scores...
- The effect of rhPTH on the healing of tendon to bone in a rat modelCarolyn M Hettrich
Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, New York, USA
J Orthop Res 30:769-74. 2012..Although treatment with rhPTH resulted in an increase in bone and mineralized fibrocartilage formation, as well as better collagen fiber organization, this did not translate into improved biomechanical properties...