- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis in a metal-working environmentM J Hodgson
Occupational Health Program, Veterans Health Administration, Washington, DC, USA
Am J Ind Med 39:616-28. 2001....
- Violence in healthcare facilities: lessons from the Veterans Health AdministrationMichael J Hodgson
Occupational Health Program, Office of Public Health and Environmental Hazards, Veterans Health Administration, USA
J Occup Environ Med 46:1158-65. 2004..The authors examined assault frequency and risk factors in health care...
- Emergency management program operational responses to weapons of mass destruction: Veterans Health Administration, 2001-2004Michael J Hodgson
Office of Public Health and Environmental Hazards including Occupational and Environmental Health Strategic Healthcare Group, Environmental Hazards and Occupational Health Programs, Washington, District of Columbia 20420, USA
Am J Ind Med 46:446-52. 2004..Despite the recognition of chemical emergencies, terrorist events, and ongoing threats, little practical guidance exists for healthcare facilities...
- Indoor environmental exposures and symptomsMichael Hodgson
Veterans Health Administration, Washington, DC 20420, USA
Environ Health Perspect 110:663-7. 2002..The disability associated with such symptoms and syndromes, not the physiology, is the primary interest and generates controversy...
- Planning for hospital emergency mass-casualty decontamination by the US Department of Veterans AffairsMark Brown
Environmental Agents Service, US Department of Veterans Affairs, Washington, DC 20420, USA
Disaster Manag Response 2:75-80. 2004
- Management support, worksite culture, and local resources for healthier employees: the Veterans Affairs experienceTamara M Schult
Veterans Health Administration, Office of Public, Washington, DC, USA
J Occup Environ Med 55:310-7. 2013..To determine whether a "worksite culture of health" exists within the Veterans Health Administration and implications on integrating employee health promotion programs...
- Under-reporting of work-related musculoskeletal disorders in the Veterans AdministrationKris Siddharthan
Patient Safety Center of Inquiry, James A Haley Veterans Administration Medical Center, Tampa, Florida, USA
Int J Health Care Qual Assur Inc Leadersh Health Serv 19:463-76. 2006..The purpose of this study is to determine the predictors for under-reporting work-related musculoskeletal injuries and their reasons...
- Seasonal influenza vaccination of healthcare employees: results of a 4-year campaignPamela Hirsch
Office of Public Health and Environmental Hazards, Department of Veterans Affairs, 810 Vermont Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20420, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 32:444-8. 2011..To document successful substantial increases in healthcare worker influenza vaccination rates and to identify reasons for success and failure...
- Latex hypersensitivity in Department of Veterans Affairs health care workers: glove use, symptoms, and sensitizationC Raymond Zeiss
VA Chicago Health Care System Lakeside Division, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 91:539-45. 2003....
- Hospital response to chemical terrorism: personal protective equipment, training, and operations planningPanos G Georgopoulos
Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Institute EOHSI, UMDNJ RW Johnson Medical School and Rutgers University, 170 Frelinghuysen Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Am J Ind Med 46:432-45. 2004..The ERP must address OSHA, EPA, and JCAHO requirements...
- Characterization of mold and moisture indicators in the homeNegar Mahooti-Brooks
University of Connecticut Health Center, Division of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Farmington, Connecticut 06030 6210, USA
J Occup Environ Hyg 1:826-39. 2004..Basement water sources are important moisture/mold indicators for epidemiologists to use in exposure assessments performed in residential dwellings...
- Employee working conditions and healthcare system performance: the Veterans Health Administration experienceNicholas Warren
University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030 6210, USA
J Occup Environ Med 49:417-29. 2007..The authors explored the association between health care employees' perceptions of their organizations and objective measures of system performance...
- Assessment of upper respiratory tract and ocular irritative effects of volatile chemicals in humansRichard L Doty
Smell and Taste Center, University of Pennsylvania, Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Crit Rev Toxicol 34:85-142. 2004....
- Human pulmonary disease and exposure to Stachybotrys chartarum and other toxigenic fungiMichael Hodgson
J Occup Environ Med 44:705-7. 2002