- The impact of integrated HIV care on patient health outcomesTuyen Hoang
Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence, Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Sepulveda, CA, USA
Med Care 47:560-7. 2009..Yet many HIV-infected patients have comorbidities that pose social and clinical barriers to achieving viral suppression. Integration of subspecialty services into HIV primary care may overcome such barriers...
- Identification of American Indian and Alaska Native veterans in administrative data of the Veterans Health Administration and the Indian Health ServiceB Josea Kramer
Department of Veterans Affairs VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center, and the David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 91343, USA
Am J Public Health 96:1577-8. 2006....
- Predictors of treatment in patients with chronic hepatitis C infection - role of patient versus nonpatient factorsFasiha Kanwal
John Cochran VA Medical Center, St Louis, MO, USA
Hepatology 46:1741-9. 2007..These potentially modifiable provider-level factors may serve as high-yield targets for future quality improvement initiatives in HCV...
- Improving HIV screening and receipt of results by nurse-initiated streamlined counseling and rapid testingHenry D Anaya
Center for the Study of Healthcare Provider Behavior, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:800-7. 2008..HIV rapid testing is effective in many healthcare settings, but scant research has been done within primary care settings or within the US Department of Veteran's Affairs Healthcare System...
- A system-wide intervention to improve HIV testing in the Veterans Health AdministrationMatthew Bidwell Goetz
Infectious Diseases Section 111 F, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:1200-7. 2008..Although the benefits of identifying and treating asymptomatic HIV-infected individuals are firmly established, health care providers often miss opportunities to offer HIV-testing...
- Evaluation of the sustainability of an intervention to increase HIV testingMatthew Bidwell Goetz
Infectious Diseases Section 111 F, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, 11301 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:1275-80. 2009..Sustainability-the routinization and institutionalization of processes that improve the quality of healthcare-is difficult to achieve and not often studied...
- Quality of care in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection: a cohort studyFasiha Kanwal
John Cochran Veterans Affairs Medical Center, St Louis, Missouri 63106, USA
Ann Intern Med 153:231-9. 2010..Medicare has proposed quality-of-care indicators for chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection. The extent to which these standards are met in practice is largely unknown...
- Increasing prevalence of HCC and cirrhosis in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infectionFasiha Kanwal
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, John Cochran VA Medical Center, Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Gastroenterology 140:1182-1188.e1. 2011..We examined time trends in the prevalence of cirrhosis and its related complications, such as hepatic decompensation and hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...