KAREN LOUISE HERBST
- Proof of Concept: Matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor decreases inflammation and improves muscle insulin sensitivity in people with type 2 diabetesKaren Frankwich
Veteran s Affairs, San Diego Healthcare System, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive 111 G, San Diego, CA, 92161, USA
J Inflamm (Lond) 9:35. 2012..abstract:..
- Subcutaneous adipose tissue fatty acid desaturation in adults with and without rare adipose disordersJennifer K Yee
Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology, 1000 West Carson Street, Harbor Box 446, Torrance, CA 90509, USA
Lipids Health Dis 11:19. 2012..The aims of this pilot study were: 1) to determine if differences in adipose tissue DIs are present among RADs, and 2) to determine if the DIs correlate to clinical or biochemical parameters...
- Rare adipose disorders (RADs) masquerading as obesityKaren L Herbst
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego and Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, CA, USA
Acta Pharmacol Sin 33:155-72. 2012..Effective dietary and exercise regimens are needed in RAD populations to improve quality of life and construct advanced treatment regimens for future generations...
- Lipomatosis-associated inflammation and excess collagen may contribute to lower relative resting energy expenditure in women with adiposis dolorosaK L Herbst
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 33:1031-8. 2009..Lipomatosis may contain excess collagen and multi-nucleated giant (MNG) cells. Case reports suggest metabolic defects in AD...
- Metabolic effects of steroid hormones in obese menKaren Herbst; Fiscal Year: 2007..These outcomes should begin to describe steroid hormone effects on important metabolic outcomes important for the development of SARMs. ..