Affiliation: Henry Ford Hospital
- Effective and safe combination therapy for severe acne vulgaris: a randomized, vehicle-controlled, double-blind study of adapalene 0.1%-benzoyl peroxide 2.5% fixed-dose combination gel with doxycycline hyclate 100 mgLinda Stein Gold
Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Cutis 85:94-104. 2010..These findings provide evidence on the efficacy of combining A/BPO and the oral antibiotic doxycycline in the treatment of severe acne vulgaris...
- What's new in acne and inflammation?Linda F Stein Gold
Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 12:s67-9. 2013..Recent evidence suggests that subclinical inflammation is the primary event in lesion development and that inflammation persists throughout the lesion life-cycle. Therefore, all types of acne should be considered "inflammatory" acne...
- Efficacy and tolerability of fixed-combination acne treatment in adolescentsLinda Stein Gold
Department of Dermatology, Henry Ford Medical Center, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Cutis 91:152-9. 2013..The once-daily regimen, early signs of improvement, favorable cutaneous tolerability profile, and participant satisfaction may lead to increased adherence and improved clinical outcomes...
- Fixed-combination products in the management of acne vulgarisLinda Stein Gold
Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Cutis 85:160-7. 2010..In the absence of direct comparative clinical trials, this review provides timely guidance for clinicians on the use of these agents...
- A North American study of adapalene-benzoyl peroxide combination gel in the treatment of acneLinda Stein Gold
Henry Ford Health Systems, Dermatology Department, 3031 W Grand Blvd, Ste 800, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Cutis 84:110-6. 2009..In a large clinical trial, the adapalene-BPO fixed-dose combination gel has shown superiority in efficacy compared with adapalene and BPO monotherapies and vehicle, with an early onset of efficacy and a good safety profile...
- Clinical studies of a new vehicle formulation for topical corticosteroids in the treatment of psoriasisLinda Stein
Department of Dermatology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 53:S39-49. 2005..The unique nature of the foam vehicle, together with the positive findings of in vitro studies suggest these new foam formulations may expand the options currently available for combination therapy...
- Betamethasone valerate foam for treatment of nonscalp psoriasisL F Stein
Department of Dermatology, Henry Ford Hospital, 6777 Maple Road, West Bloomfield, MI 48322, USA
J Cutan Med Surg 5:303-7. 2001..12% (Luxiq, Connectics Corporation, Palo Alto, CA) is approved by the Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of corticosteroid-responsive scalp dermatoses, no data are available for its use on nonscalp psoriasis...
- Is switching retinoids a sound strategy for the treatment of acne vulgaris?Linda Stein Gold
Henry Ford Medical Center, Detroit, MI, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 7:s11-7. 2008..The results of this study indicate that daily therapy with adapalene 0.1% gel for 12 weeks was noninferior to switch therapy...
- The MORE trial: effectiveness of adapalene gel 0.1% in real-world dermatology practicesLinda Stein Gold
Henry Ford Hospital, West Bloomfield, Michigan, USA
Cutis 78:12-8. 2006..The MORE trial confirms that adapalene gel 0.1% is effective in clearing both inflammatory and noninflammatory acne lesions in patients with moderate to moderately severe acne...
- A systemic type I 5 alpha-reductase inhibitor is ineffective in the treatment of acne vulgarisJames Leyden
University of Pennsylvania Hospital, 36th and Spruce Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 50:443-7. 2004..These results indicate the need for further work at the molecular level to better understand the action of androgens on sebaceous gland function...