P H Neuman
Affiliation: Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
- Dx for a careful approach to moving dual-eligible beneficiaries into managed care plansPatricia Neuman
Kaiser Family Foundation, Program on Medicare Policy, in Washington, DC, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 31:1186-94. 2012....
- Medicare prescription drug benefit progress report: findings from a 2006 national survey of seniorsPatricia Neuman
Medicare Policy Project, Henry J Kaiser Family Foundation KFF, Washington, DC, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 26:w630-43. 2007..Low-income subsidies offered protection against high out-of-pocket spending; without them, one-third of Part D enrollees at or below 150 percent of poverty paid more than $100 a month for their medications...
- Understanding the diverse needs of the Medicare population: implications for Medicare reformP Neuman
Kaiser Family Foundation, Washington, DC, USA
J Aging Soc Policy 10:25-50. 1999....
- Financing care for aging women in the U.S.: international perspectivesP H Neuman
Medicare Policy Project, Henry J Kaiser Family Foundation, Washington, D C 20005, USA
Aging (Milano) 12:154-64. 2000..S. to consider as it struggles to meet the demands of its aging population...
- Status report on Medicare Part D enrollment in 2006: analysis of plan-specific market share and coverageJuliette Cubanski
Henry J Kaiser Family Foundation, Washington, DC, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 26:w1-12. 2007..More than twelve million Part D enrollees without low-income subsidies enrolled in plans with limited or no gap coverage in 2006, but the number with actual spending in the gap remains to be seen...
- Medicare doesn't work as well for younger, disabled beneficiaries as it does for older enrolleesJuliette Cubanski
Medicare Policy Project, Kaiser Family Foundation, Washington, DC, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 29:1725-33. 2010..The law includes reforms that could improve access to care and limit out-of-pocket expenses for the nonelderly disabled in Medicare-as well as those who are waiting to become eligible for the program...
- Large firms' retiree health benefits before Medicare reform: 2003 survey resultsFrank B McArdle
Research Office of Hewitt Associates, Washington, DC, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) . 2004..Before passage of the new Medicare legislation, 20 percent said that they are likely to eliminate benefits for future retirees within three years...
- How much 'skin in the game' do medicare beneficiaries have? The increasing financial burden of health care spending, 1997-2003Patricia Neuman
Medicare Policy Project, Henry J Kaiser Family Foundation, Washington, DC, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 26:1692-701. 2007..9 percent spent more than a fifth of their income on health care. Results suggest that sustained increases in out-of-pocket spending could make health care less affordable for all but the highest-income beneficiaries...
- Trends in Medicare supplemental insurance and prescription drug coverage, 1996-1999Mary A Laschober
Health Practice of Barents Group, KPMG Consulting Inc, Washington, DC, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) . 2002..Many of Medicare's most vulnerable beneficiaries--rural (50 percent), near-poor (44 percent), and oldest old (45 percent)--were most likely to lack drug coverage in the fall of 1999...
- Prescription drug coverage and seniors: how well are states closing the gap?Dana Gelb Safran
Health Institute, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) . 2002..With erosion of state and private sources of prescription benefits expected, the findings speak to the need for a national policy solution...
- Medicare at the crossroads: a roundtable discussion on prescription drug coverageDoug Bandow
Mod Healthc 33:suppl 8 p. following 16. 2003
- Prescription drug coverage and seniors: findings from a 2003 national surveyDana Gelb Safran
Health Institute at Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) . 2005..We discuss MMA's potential to improve quality and the need to monitor performance...
- Physician-patient communication about prescription medication nonadherence: a 50-state study of America's seniorsIra B Wilson
Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Gen Intern Med 22:6-12. 2007..Understanding and improving the quality of medication management is particularly important in the context of the Medicare prescription drug benefit that took effect last January 2006...
- Uncovering the health challenges facing people with disabilities: the role of health insuranceKristina W Hanson
Harris Interactive, New York City, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) . 2003....