Affiliation: Henry Ford Hospital
- Randomized clinical trial of fipamezole for dyskinesia in Parkinson disease (FJORD study)Peter A LeWitt
Departments of Neurology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, USA
Neurology 79:163-9. 2012..The primary study objective was to assess suppression of LID by fipamezole at day 28, as measured by the levodopa-induced dyskinesia scale (LIDS), a modification of the abnormal involuntary movement scale...
- Actively transported levodopa prodrug XP21279: a study in patients with Parkinson disease who experience motor fluctuationsPeter A LeWitt
Department of Neurology, Henry Ford Hospital, West Bloomfield, MI 48322, USA
Clin Neuropharmacol 35:103-10. 2012....
- CSF xanthine, homovanillic acid, and their ratio as biomarkers of Parkinson's diseasePeter LeWitt
Department of Neurology, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 West Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Brain Res 1408:88-97. 2011..These observations add to other neurochemical evidence that links purine metabolism to Parkinson's disease...
- Recent advances in CSF biomarkers for Parkinson's diseasePeter LeWitt
Department of Neurology, Henry Ford Hospital, Michigan 48322, USA
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 18:S49-51. 2012..The ultimate goal is for CSF biomarkers also found in peripheral biospecimens, aiding in diagnostic screening applications and providing further clues as to the etiology of PD...
- Pramipexole vs levodopa as initial treatment for Parkinson disease: a 4-year randomized controlled trialRobert G Holloway
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester, 1351 Mt Hope Avenue, Suite 220, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
Arch Neurol 61:1044-53. 2004..The best way to initiate dopaminergic therapy for early Parkinson disease remains unclear...
- Impact of belief in neuroprotection on therapeutic intervention in Parkinson's diseaseRodger J Elble
Department of Neurology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois, USA
Mov Disord 25:1082-6. 2010..We found the investigators' level of confidence in these agents had no effect on the time to symptomatic therapy or on the change in UPDRS during 12 months of treatment...
- Levodopa in the treatment of Parkinson's disease: current controversiesC Warren Olanow
Department of Neurology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Mov Disord 19:997-1005. 2004..Clinical trials to test this hypothesis are underway. We review current evidence relating to these areas of controversy...