Affiliation: Henry Ford Hospital
- Eosinophilic globules in 3 cases of glomeruloid hemangioma of the head and neck: a characteristic offering more evidence for thanatosomes with or without POEMSHwajeong Lee
Department of Pathology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 30:539-44. 2008..The vascular lesions in POEMS syndrome appear identical to papillary hemangioma in cases without the other syndromic manifestations...
- Hamartoma of the spleenHwajeong Lee
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 W Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 133:147-51. 2009..Clinical, radiologic, and histologic correlation is essential to ensure this benign lesion is not mistaken for malignancy...
- The usefulness of IgG and IgM immunostaining of periportal inflammatory cells (plasma cells and lymphocytes) for the distinction of autoimmune hepatitis and primary biliary cirrhosis and their staining pattern in autoimmune hepatitis-primary biliary cirrhHwajeong Lee
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 West Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 133:430-7. 2010..IgG predominance is not specific for AIH. OS does not demonstrate either IgG or IgM predominance (P > .2) and does not help classify OS into either category...
- The prevalence of pancreatic acinar differentiation in gastric adenocarcinoma: report of a case and immunohistochemical study of 111 additional casesHwajeong Lee
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 36:402-8. 2012..Thus, acinar differentiation is rare in gastric adenocarcinomas, other than in histologically unusual cases such as the one we report, and in others from the literature, which are reviewed...
- Brown bowel syndrome secondary to jejunoileal bypass: the first case reportHwajeong Lee
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 West Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Obes Surg 19:1176-9. 2009..The pigment stained positive with Fontana-Masson most likely representing lipofuscin. We report a case of brown bowel syndrome complicating jejunoileal bypass, the first case reported in the literature to the best of our knowledge...
- Immunophenotypic heterogeneity of primary sinonasal melanoma with aberrant expression of neuroendocrine markers and calponinHwajeong Lee
Departments of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 19:48-53. 2011..It is necessary to apply a broad panel of immunohistochemistry for the purpose of screening when sinonasal melanoma is considered as a differential diagnosis...