Lois E Lamerato
Affiliation: Henry Ford Hospital
- Transfusion burden in non-dialysis chronic kidney disease patients with persistent anemia treated in routine clinical practice: a retrospective observational studyKathleen M Fox
Strategic Healthcare Solutions, LLC, Monkton, MD 21111, USA
BMC Nephrol 13:5. 2012..This study describes the proportion of patients transfused, units of blood transfused and trigger-hemoglobin (Hb) levels for transfusions in severe anemic, ND-CKD patients in routine practice...
- Economic burden associated with breast cancer recurrence: findings from a retrospective analysis of health system dataLois Lamerato
Department of Biostatistics and Research Epidemiology, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan 48105, USA
Cancer 106:1875-82. 2006..The economics of breast cancer recurrence are poorly understood. For this retrospective cohort study, the authors evaluated the economic burden of breast cancer recurrence by using data from a large Midwestern healthcare system...
- Recruitment in the prostate, lung, colorectal, and ovarian (PLCO) cancer screening trial: the first phase of recruitment at Henry Ford Health SystemLois E Lamerato
Department of Biostatistics and Research Epidemiology, Henry Ford Health System, One Ford Place 5C, Detroit, MI 48125, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:827-33. 2008....
- The economic impact of false-positive cancer screensJennifer Elston Lafata
Center for Health Services Research, Henry Ford Health System, 1 Ford Place, 3A, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:2126-32. 2004..We evaluated the medical and nonmedical costs associated with false-positive prostate, lung, colorectal, and ovarian cancer screens...
- Routine surveillance care after cancer treatment with curative intentJennifer Elston Lafata
Center for Health Services Research, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Med Care 43:592-9. 2005..Many consensus guidelines recommend routine surveillance to detect recurrent disease among cancer survivors. We compare surveillance care receipt to guideline recommendations...
- Risk for renal cell carcinoma in chronic hepatitis C infectionStuart C Gordon
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 West Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:1066-73. 2010..We sought to determine whether HCV infection confers an increased risk for developing RCC...
- Relationship of vancomycin minimum inhibitory concentration to mortality in patients with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus hospital-acquired, ventilator-associated, or health-care-associated pneumoniaNadia Z Haque
Infectious Diseases, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Chest 138:1356-62. 2010..These infections are associated with significant morbidity, mortality, and cost. The impact of vancomycin minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) on mortality for patients with MRSA pneumonia has not been determined...
- Diffusion of aromatase inhibitors for breast cancer therapy between 1996 and 2003 in the Cancer Research NetworkErin J Aiello
Group Health Center for Health Studies, 1730 Minor Ave, Suite 1600, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 107:397-403. 2008..We evaluated diffusion of aromatase inhibitor dispensings for breast cancer treatment in integrated healthcare delivery systems across the United States...