Lois E Lamerato
Affiliation: Henry Ford Hospital
- Lessons in Medical Record Abstraction from the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal, and Ovarian (PLCO) National Screening TrialLatifa Bazzi
Department of Public Health Sciences, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI USA
Rev Recent Clin Trials 10:200-5. 2015..We also discuss training and certification of abstracting staff, and technical methods and communication procedures used for data quality assurance. We include discussion of challenges faced and lessons learned...
- Transfusion burden in non-dialysis chronic kidney disease patients with persistent anemia treated in routine clinical practice: a retrospective observational studyKathleen M Fox
Strategic Healthcare Solutions, LLC, Monkton, MD 21111, USA
BMC Nephrol 13:5. 2012..This study describes the proportion of patients transfused, units of blood transfused and trigger-hemoglobin (Hb) levels for transfusions in severe anemic, ND-CKD patients in routine practice...
- Economic burden associated with breast cancer recurrence: findings from a retrospective analysis of health system dataLois Lamerato
Department of Biostatistics and Research Epidemiology, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan 48105, USA
Cancer 106:1875-82. 2006..The economics of breast cancer recurrence are poorly understood. For this retrospective cohort study, the authors evaluated the economic burden of breast cancer recurrence by using data from a large Midwestern healthcare system...
- Recruitment in the prostate, lung, colorectal, and ovarian (PLCO) cancer screening trial: the first phase of recruitment at Henry Ford Health SystemLois E Lamerato
Department of Biostatistics and Research Epidemiology, Henry Ford Health System, One Ford Place 5C, Detroit, MI 48125, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:827-33. 2008....
- The economic impact of false-positive cancer screensJennifer Elston Lafata
Center for Health Services Research, Henry Ford Health System, 1 Ford Place, 3A, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:2126-32. 2004..We evaluated the medical and nonmedical costs associated with false-positive prostate, lung, colorectal, and ovarian cancer screens...
- Routine surveillance care after cancer treatment with curative intentJennifer Elston Lafata
Center for Health Services Research, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Med Care 43:592-9. 2005..Many consensus guidelines recommend routine surveillance to detect recurrent disease among cancer survivors. We compare surveillance care receipt to guideline recommendations...
- Risk for renal cell carcinoma in chronic hepatitis C infectionStuart C Gordon
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 West Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:1066-73. 2010..We sought to determine whether HCV infection confers an increased risk for developing RCC...
- Relationship of vancomycin minimum inhibitory concentration to mortality in patients with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus hospital-acquired, ventilator-associated, or health-care-associated pneumoniaNadia Z Haque
Infectious Diseases, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Chest 138:1356-62. 2010..These infections are associated with significant morbidity, mortality, and cost. The impact of vancomycin minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) on mortality for patients with MRSA pneumonia has not been determined...
- Diffusion of aromatase inhibitors for breast cancer therapy between 1996 and 2003 in the Cancer Research NetworkErin J Aiello
Group Health Center for Health Studies, 1730 Minor Ave, Suite 1600, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 107:397-403. 2008..We evaluated diffusion of aromatase inhibitor dispensings for breast cancer treatment in integrated healthcare delivery systems across the United States...