Paul A Kvale
Affiliation: Henry Ford Hospital
- SLC6A3 and body mass index in the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian Cancer Screening TrialElizabeth M Azzato
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, DHHS, Rockville, Maryland, USA
BMC Med Genet 10:9. 2009....
- Lung cancer. Palliative carePaul A Kvale
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, Allergy, Immunology, and Sleep Disorders Medicine, Henry Ford Health System, 2799 West Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Chest 123:284S-311S. 2003....
- Palliative care in lung cancer: ACCP evidence-based clinical practice guidelines (2nd edition)Paul A Kvale
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, Allergy, Immunology, and Sleep Disorders Medicine, Henry Ford Health System, 2799 W Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Chest 132:368S-403S. 2007..GOALS/OBJECTIVES: To review the scientific evidence on symptoms and specific complications that are associated with lung cancer, and the methods available to palliate those symptoms and complications...
- Chronic cough due to lung tumors: ACCP evidence-based clinical practice guidelinesPaul A Kvale
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, Allergy, Immunology, Sleep Medicine, and Research, Henry Ford Health System, 2799 West Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Chest 129:147S-153S. 2006..GOALS/OBJECTIVES: To review the scientific evidence on cough associated with tumors in the lungs...
- Cancer and interstitial lung diseaseVasken Artinian
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Curr Opin Pulm Med 10:425-34. 2004..SUMMARY: Further studies are needed to clarify the cause(s) and the mechanisms that link various interstitial lung diseases and cancer...
- Update in screening of lung cancerVasken Artinian
Henry Ford Hospital, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Respirology 10:558-66. 2005..The cases for and against screening with currently available modalities are examined. Additional new screening modalities are also discussed...
- Evaluation of the causes for racial disparity in surgical treatment of early stage lung cancerJennifer McCann
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Chest 128:3440-6. 2005..002). CONCLUSIONS: Our analysis suggests that the lower surgical rate among black patients with early stage lung cancer is mainly due to low rates of acceptance of surgical treatment...
- Factors associated with human small aggressive non small cell lung cancerC Martin Tammemagi
Department of Community Health Sciences, Brock University, 500 Glenridge Avenue, St Catharines, Ontario, Canada L2S 3A1
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:2082-9. 2007..Such small aggressive NSCLCs (SA-NSCLC) are no longer resectable with curative intent, carry a grave prognosis, and may involve unique biological pathways. This is a study of factors associated with SA-NSCLC...
- Diagnosis and management of cough executive summary: ACCP evidence-based clinical practice guidelinesRichard S Irwin
University of Massachusetts Medical School, Room S6-842, 55 Lake Ave North, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Chest 129:1S-23S. 2006
- Baseline chest radiograph for lung cancer detection in the randomized Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian Cancer Screening TrialMartin M Oken
Hubert H Humphrey Cancer Center, North Memorial Medical Center, Robbinsdale, MN 55422, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:1832-9. 2005..We report lung cancer detection results of the baseline screening round...
- Is it difficult to diagnose sarcoidosis?Paul A Kvale
Chest 123:330-2. 2003
- Prevention and management of hypoxemia during fiberoptic bronchoscopyPaul A Kvale
Chest 121:1021-2. 2002