E O Johnson
Affiliation: Henry Ford Hospital
- Epidemiology of alcohol and medication as aids to sleep in early adulthoodE O Johnson
Department of Psychiatry, Henry Ford Health Sciences Center, Detroit, Mich 48202 3450, USA
Sleep 21:178-86. 1998..2) among those who use these substances for sleep problems, what are the patterns of use? and (3) are there social factors, independent of sleep characteristics, that increase the likelihood of alcohol and medication use to aid sleep?..
- Predicting smoking cessation and major depression in nicotine-dependent smokersN Breslau
Department of Psychiatry, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Mich 48202 3450, USA
Am J Public Health 90:1122-7. 2000....
- Trouble sleeping and anxiety/depression in childhoodE O Johnson
Department of Psychiatry, Henry Ford Health Sciences Center, Detroit, MI 48202 3450, USA
Psychiatry Res 94:93-102. 2000..The association of trouble sleeping at age 6 with incidence of depression at age 11 was not statistically significant (suburban children RR=2.22, 95% CI 0.53-9.23; urban children RR=0.92, 95% CI 0.20-4.18)...
- Sleep problems and substance use in adolescenceE O Johnson
Department of Psychiatry, Henry Ford Health Sciences Center, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 64:1-7. 2001..Such research may provide information on the relationship of sleep problems to the immediate health and well being of adolescents, as well as their trajectories into adulthood...
- ADH1B is associated with alcohol dependence and alcohol consumption in populations of European and African ancestryL J Bierut
Department of Psychiatry, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Mol Psychiatry 17:445-50. 2012..This variant has the strongest effect on risk for alcohol dependence compared with any other tested variant in European populations...
- Familial transmission of alcoholism among nonalcoholics and mild, severe, and dyssocial subtypes of alcoholismE O Johnson
Department of Psychiatry, Henry Ford Health Sciences Center, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 25:661-6. 2001..We test whether the mild, severe, and dyssocial typology distinguished cases of alcohol dependence with high familial liability from those with low familial liability to alcoholism...
- Academic achievement of low birthweight children at age 11: the role of cognitive abilities at school entryN Breslau
Department of Psychiatry, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan 48202 3450, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 29:273-9. 2001..Interventions to improve academic performance of LBW children should focus on the preschool years...
- Nicotine dependence in the United States: prevalence, trends, and smoking persistenceN Breslau
Department of Psychiatry, Henry Ford Health System, One Ford Place, 3A, Detroit, MI 48202 3450, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 58:810-6. 2001..However, little is known about the epidemiology of nicotine dependence. We studied DSM-III-R nicotine dependence in the United States, trends across cohorts, and the role of nicotine dependence in smoking persistence...