Stuart C Gordon
Affiliation: Henry Ford Hospital
- Safety profile of boceprevir and telaprevir in chronic hepatitis C: real world experience from HCV-TARGETStuart C Gordon
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology Hepatology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, USA Electronic address
J Hepatol 62:286-93. 2015..The safety profiles of boceprevir and telaprevir in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C, administered in academic and community centres across the United States, were evaluated...
- Antiviral therapy for chronic hepatitis B virus infection and development of hepatocellular carcinoma in a US populationStuart C Gordon
Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan Electronic address
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 12:885-93. 2014..We evaluated the relationship between therapy for chronic HBV infection and HCC incidence using data from a longitudinal study of patients at 4 US healthcare centers...
- Hepatitis C virus therapy is associated with lower health care costs not only in noncirrhotic patients but also in patients with end-stage liver diseaseS C Gordon
Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 38:784-93. 2013..The effect of anti-viral treatment on downstream costs for hepatitis C virus (HCV)-infected patients is unknown...
- Adherence to assigned dosing regimen and sustained virological response among chronic hepatitis C genotype 1 patients treated with boceprevir plus peginterferon alfa-2b/ribavirinS C Gordon
Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202 2689, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 38:16-27. 2013..Adherence to therapeutic regimens affects the efficacy of peginterferon alfa (P) and ribavirin (R) therapy in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus genotype 1...
- Impact of disease severity on healthcare costs in patients with chronic hepatitis C (CHC) virus infectionStuart C Gordon
Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI, USA
Hepatology 56:1651-60. 2012..Overall, 56% of costs were HCV-related and this proportion increased with severity (46%, 57%, and 71% for patients with NCD, CC, and ESLD, respectively)...
- Risk for renal cell carcinoma in chronic hepatitis C infectionStuart C Gordon
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 West Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:1066-73. 2010..We sought to determine whether HCV infection confers an increased risk for developing RCC...
- Acute hepatitis B in an urban tertiary care hospital in the United States: a cohort evaluationOmar Sharif
Department of Gastroenterology K 7, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Henry Ford Health Medical Center, Detroit, MI
J Clin Gastroenterol 47:e87-90. 2013..The incidence of acute hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection in the United States is declining, and precise epidemiology for newly acquired infection remains obscure...
- Prevalence of cirrhosis in hepatitis C patients in the Chronic Hepatitis Cohort Study (CHeCS): a retrospective and prospective observational studyStuart C Gordon
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 110:1169-77; quiz 1178. 2015..We estimated the prevalence of cirrhosis in adults with chronic hepatitis C (CHC) using multiple parameters including liver biopsy, diagnosis/procedure codes, and a biomarker...
- Efficacy of boceprevir, an NS3 protease inhibitor, in combination with peginterferon alfa-2b and ribavirin in treatment-naive patients with genotype 1 hepatitis C infection (SPRINT-1): an open-label, randomised, multicentre phase 2 trialPaul Y Kwo
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology Hepatology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5121, USA
Lancet 376:705-16. 2010..We tested the efficacy of boceprevir, an NS3 hepatitis C virus oral protease inhibitor, when added to peginterferon alfa-2b and ribavirin...
- Comparative effectiveness research of chronic hepatitis B and C cohort study (CHeCS): improving data collection and cohort identificationMei Lu
Departments of Public Health Sciences, Center for Health Services Research, and Gastroenterology, Henry Ford Health System, One Ford Place, 3E, Detroit, MI, 48202, USA
Dig Dis Sci 59:3053-61. 2014..We hypothesized that comparative effectiveness methods-including a centralized data management system and an adaptive approach for cohort selection-would improve cohort selection while controlling data quality and reducing the cost...
- Predictors of consent to pharmacogenomics testing in the IDEAL studyAlison B Jazwinski
aDepartment of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina bDepartment of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology Hepatology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan cDepartment of Medicine, Alamo Medical Research, San Antonio, Texas dMerck Research Laboratories, Department of Infectious Disease, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey eDepartment of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA fDepartment of Gastroenterology, St Vincent s Hospital, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Pharmacogenet Genomics 23:619-23. 2013..Genome-wide association studies subsequently identified associations between IL28B polymorphism and sustained virologic response, and ITPA polymorphism and ribavirin-associated anemia...
- Role of liver biopsy in the era of direct-acting antiviralsHumberto C Gonzalez
Henry Ford Health System, 2799 W Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI, 48202, USA
Curr Gastroenterol Rep 15:307. 2013..Indirect laboratory formulas, tests, panels of biomarkers and imaging modalities may accurately stage the degree of fibrosis in hepatitis C monoinfection, hepatitis C/HIV coinfection, and post-transplant recurrent hepatitis C...
- Efficacy of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate at 240 weeks in patients with chronic hepatitis B with high baseline viral loadStuart C Gordon
Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI, USA
Hepatology 58:505-13. 2013..No patient with baseline HVL had persistent viremia at week 240 or amino acid substitutions associated with TDF resistance...
- Evaluation of anti-HBV drug resistant mutations among patients with acute symptomatic hepatitis B in the United StatesDwayne M Baxa
Infectious Disease, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, USA
J Hepatol 58:212-6. 2013..Whether resistant HBV strains are transmitted in the acute setting is uncertain. We sought to document the presence of antiviral resistance (AVR) mutations in patients with acute HBV (AHB) infection...
- Care of the cirrhotic patientSyed Mohammed Jafri
Gastroenterology Hepatology, Henry Ford Health System, 2799 West Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Infect Dis Clin North Am 26:979-94. 2012..The infectious disease specialist is now becoming familiarized with the management of viral hepatitis, which includes screening for hepatocellular carcinoma and vigilance for infectious complications of antiviral therapy...
- Post-Transplant Course of Hepatitis C After Living Donor Liver Transplantation in Association with Polymorphisms near IFNL3Kristin G Monaghan
1 Medical Genetics, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan
J Interferon Cytokine Res 35:313-6. 2015..Recipients with the favorable rs12979860 genotype receiving antiviral therapy before transplant are also more likely to achieve SVR. The effect of genotype status in the era of direct-acting antiviral agents will require future study. ..
- Is previous exposure to hepatitis B a risk factor for pancreatic cancer or hepatocellular carcinoma?Jeffrey Tang
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology Hepatology Department of Biostatistics and Research Epidemiology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI
J Clin Gastroenterol 48:729-33. 2014..We evaluated whether prior infection with the hepatitis B virus (HBV) influences the development of pancreatic cancer or hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Adefovir dipivoxil in chronic hepatitis B: history and current usesMaria C Segovia
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Henry Ford Health System, 2799 West Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 13:245-54. 2012..ADV 10 mg daily has been associated with improved liver histology, decreased levels of HBV DNA and alanine aminotransferase (ALT), and seroconversion of HBeAg...
- Boceprevir plus peginterferon α-2b/ribavirin in chronic hepatitis C genotype 1: impact of baseline viral load on sustained virologic responseStuart C Gordon
Division of Gastroenterology Hepatology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI Division of Gastroenterology Hepatology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX INSERM U954, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nancy, Université de Lorraine, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO Hospital General Universitari Vall d Hebrón and Ciberehd del Instituto Carlos III, Barcelona, Spain Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of California Irvine, Orange, CA Merck Sharp and Dohme Corp, Whitehouse Station, NJ
J Clin Gastroenterol 48:435-43. 2014..The impact of baseline viral load on sustained virologic response (SVR) after boceprevir-based therapy is unknown...
- Bioelectrical impedance analysis for the evaluation of hepatic fibrosis in patients with chronic hepatitis C infectionFadi Antaki
Division of Gastroenterology, John D Dingell VA Medical Center, 4646 John R Road, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Dig Dis Sci 53:1957-60. 2008..9) in the minimal and advanced fibrosis groups, respectively. Bioelectrical impedance analysis did not demonstrate the ability to distinguish between minimal and advanced degrees of hepatic fibrosis in patients with chronic HCV infection...