Stuart C Gordon
Affiliation: Henry Ford Hospital
- Adherence to assigned dosing regimen and sustained virological response among chronic hepatitis C genotype 1 patients treated with boceprevir plus peginterferon alfa-2b/ribavirinS C Gordon
Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202 2689, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 38:16-27. 2013..Adherence to therapeutic regimens affects the efficacy of peginterferon alfa (P) and ribavirin (R) therapy in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus genotype 1...
- Impact of disease severity on healthcare costs in patients with chronic hepatitis C (CHC) virus infectionStuart C Gordon
Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI, USA
Hepatology 56:1651-60. 2012..Overall, 56% of costs were HCV-related and this proportion increased with severity (46%, 57%, and 71% for patients with NCD, CC, and ESLD, respectively)...
- Risk for renal cell carcinoma in chronic hepatitis C infectionStuart C Gordon
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 West Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:1066-73. 2010..We sought to determine whether HCV infection confers an increased risk for developing RCC...
- Role of liver biopsy in the era of direct-acting antiviralsHumberto C Gonzalez
Henry Ford Health System, 2799 W Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI, 48202, USA
Curr Gastroenterol Rep 15:307. 2013..Indirect laboratory formulas, tests, panels of biomarkers and imaging modalities may accurately stage the degree of fibrosis in hepatitis C monoinfection, hepatitis C/HIV coinfection, and post-transplant recurrent hepatitis C...
- Acute hepatitis B in an urban tertiary care hospital in the United States: a cohort evaluationOmar Sharif
Department of Gastroenterology K 7, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Henry Ford Health Medical Center, Detroit, MI
J Clin Gastroenterol 47:e87-90. 2013..The incidence of acute hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection in the United States is declining, and precise epidemiology for newly acquired infection remains obscure...
- Evaluation of anti-HBV drug resistant mutations among patients with acute symptomatic hepatitis B in the United StatesDwayne M Baxa
Infectious Disease, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, USA
J Hepatol 58:212-6. 2013..Whether resistant HBV strains are transmitted in the acute setting is uncertain. We sought to document the presence of antiviral resistance (AVR) mutations in patients with acute HBV (AHB) infection...
- Care of the cirrhotic patientSyed Mohammed Jafri
Gastroenterology Hepatology, Henry Ford Health System, 2799 West Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Infect Dis Clin North Am 26:979-94. 2012..The infectious disease specialist is now becoming familiarized with the management of viral hepatitis, which includes screening for hepatocellular carcinoma and vigilance for infectious complications of antiviral therapy...
- Bioelectrical impedance analysis for the evaluation of hepatic fibrosis in patients with chronic hepatitis C infectionFadi Antaki
Division of Gastroenterology, John D Dingell VA Medical Center, 4646 John R Road, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Dig Dis Sci 53:1957-60. 2008..9) in the minimal and advanced fibrosis groups, respectively. Bioelectrical impedance analysis did not demonstrate the ability to distinguish between minimal and advanced degrees of hepatic fibrosis in patients with chronic HCV infection...
- Adefovir dipivoxil in chronic hepatitis B: history and current usesMaria C Segovia
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Henry Ford Health System, 2799 West Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 13:245-54. 2012..ADV 10 mg daily has been associated with improved liver histology, decreased levels of HBV DNA and alanine aminotransferase (ALT), and seroconversion of HBeAg...