Affiliation: Henry Ford Hospital
- Venkat P, Chopp M, Chen J. New insights into coupling and uncoupling of cerebral blood flow and metabolism in the brain. Croat Med J. 2016;57:223-8 pubmed..Disruption of the glymphatic system burdens the brain with accumulating waste and has been reported in aging as well as several neurological diseases. ..
- Wang D, Li T, Wei H, Wang Y, Yang G, Tian Y, et al. Atorvastatin enhances angiogenesis to reduce subdural hematoma in a rat model. J Neurol Sci. 2016;362:91-9 pubmed publisher..The low-dose atorvastatin is effective in reducing SDH and improving neurological deficits in a rat model, primarily by promoting angiogenesis and vascular maturation. ..
- Chen J, Cui X, Zacharek A, Chopp M. Increasing Ang1/Tie2 expression by simvastatin treatment induces vascular stabilization and neuroblast migration after stroke. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:1348-57 pubmed publisher..Ang1/Tie2 expression induced by simvastatin treatment promotes neuroblast micro-vascular coupling after stroke. ..
- Chen J, Cui C, Yang X, Xu J, Venkat P, Zacharek A, et al. MiR-126 Affects Brain-Heart Interaction after Cerebral Ischemic Stroke. Transl Stroke Res. 2017;8:374-385 pubmed publisher..Ischemic stroke directly induces cardiac dysfunction. Decreasing miR-126 expression may contribute to cardiac dysfunction after stroke in mice. ..
- Ning R, Chopp M, Zacharek A, Yan T, Zhang C, Roberts C, et al. Neamine induces neuroprotection after acute ischemic stroke in type one diabetic rats. Neuroscience. 2014;257:76-85 pubmed publisher..Neamine treatment of stroke is neuroprotective in T1DM rats. Inhibition of neuroinflammatory factor expression and decrease of BBB leakage may contribute to Neamine-induced neuroprotective effects after stroke in T1DM rats. ..
- Chen J, Ye X, Yan T, Zhang C, Yang X, Cui X, et al. Adverse effects of bone marrow stromal cell treatment of stroke in diabetic rats. Stroke. 2011;42:3551-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, BMSC treatment starting 24 hours after MCAO may not be beneficial for diabetic subjects with stroke. ..
- Chen J, Zacharek A, Cui X, Shehadah A, Jiang H, Roberts C, et al. Treatment of stroke with a synthetic liver X receptor agonist, TO901317, promotes synaptic plasticity and axonal regeneration in mice. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2010;30:102-9 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that TO901317 promotes synaptic plasticity and axonal regeneration, and that PI3K/Akt signaling activity contributes to neurite outgrowth. ..
- Chen J, Cui X, Zacharek A, Ding G, Shehadah A, Jiang Q, et al. Niaspan treatment increases tumor necrosis factor-alpha-converting enzyme and promotes arteriogenesis after stroke. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2009;29:911-20 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of Notch1 marginally decreased arterial sprouting and VSMC migration compared with scrambled control. Niaspan promotes arteriogenesis, which is mediated, in part, by TACE. ..
- Zacharek A, Chen J, Cui X, Yang Y, Chopp M. Simvastatin increases notch signaling activity and promotes arteriogenesis after stroke. Stroke. 2009;40:254-60 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that simvastatin increases arteriogenesis after stroke, and that simvastatin upregulation of PS1 expression and Notch signaling activity may facilitate an increase in arteriogenesis. ..