Ali S Arbab
Affiliation: Henry Ford Hospital
- Arbab A, Rad A, Iskander A, Jafari Khouzani K, Brown S, Churchman J, et al. Magnetically-labeled sensitized splenocytes to identify glioma by MRI: a preliminary study. Magn Reson Med. 2007;58:519-26 pubmed..In conclusion, the immunogenic reaction can be exploited to delineate recurrent glioma using MRI following systemically delivered magnetically labeled sensitized splenocytes or T-cells. ..
- Arbab A, Janic B, Jafari Khouzani K, Iskander A, Kumar S, Varma N, et al. Differentiation of glioma and radiation injury in rats using in vitro produce magnetically labeled cytotoxic T-cells and MRI. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9365 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that T-cells can be effectively sensitized by in vitro methods and used as cellular probes to identify and differentiate glioma from radiation necrosis. ..
- Arbab A, Thiffault C, Navia B, Victor S, Hong K, Zhang L, et al. Tracking of In-111-labeled human umbilical tissue-derived cells (hUTC) in a rat model of cerebral ischemia using SPECT imaging. BMC Med Imaging. 2012;12:33 pubmed publisher..Animals treated with In-111 labeled hUTC showed histological improvements, with higher vascular and synaptic densities observed in the ischemic boundary zone (IBZ). ..
- Rad A, Iskander A, Janic B, Knight R, Arbab A, Soltanian Zadeh H. AC133+ progenitor cells as gene delivery vehicle and cellular probe in subcutaneous tumor models: a preliminary study. BMC Biotechnol. 2009;9:28 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, they can potentially be used as a gene carrier system for the treatment of tumor or other diseases. ..
- Arbab A, Yocum G, Rad A, Khakoo A, Fellowes V, Read E, et al. Labeling of cells with ferumoxides-protamine sulfate complexes does not inhibit function or differentiation capacity of hematopoietic or mesenchymal stem cells. NMR Biomed. 2005;18:553-9 pubmed..These data increase confidence that MRI studies of FePro-labeled HSC or MSC will provide an accurate representation of in vivo trafficking of unlabeled cells. ..
- Arbab A, Janic B, Knight R, Anderson S, Pawelczyk E, Rad A, et al. Detection of migration of locally implanted AC133+ stem cells by cellular magnetic resonance imaging with histological findings. FASEB J. 2008;22:3234-46 pubmed publisher..HIF-1alpha was expressed at both the periphery and central parts of the tumor. This work demonstrates that magnetically labeled cells can be used as probes for MRI and histological identification of administered cells...