Affiliation: Henry Ford Hospital
- Low admission LDL-cholesterol is associated with increased 3-year all-cause mortality in patients with non ST segment elevation myocardial infarctionMouaz H Al-Mallah
Division of Cardiology, Henry Ford Heart and Vascular Institute, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Cardiol J 16:227-33. 2009..We tested the hypothesis that patients who develop non-ST segment elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI) despite low LDL have a worse cardiovascular outcome in the long term...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors in coronary artery disease and preserved left ventricular systolic function: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsMouaz H Al-Mallah
Division of Cardiology, Henry Ford Heart and Vascular Institute, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:1576-83. 2006..This study sought to assess the efficacy of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEIs) in patients with coronary heart disease and preserved left ventricular (LV) function...
- Delay in invasive risk stratification of women with acute coronary syndrome is associated with worse outcomesMouaz Husayn Al-Mallah
Henry Ford Heart and Vascular Institute, Detroit, MI, USA
J Thromb Thrombolysis 23:35-9. 2007..There is paucity of data on women undergoing invasive risk stratification. We investigated whether the time to coronary angiography affects survival of female patients admitted with ACS...
- Do angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors or angiotensin receptor blockers prevent diabetes mellitus? A meta-analysisMouaz Al-Mallah
Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI, USA
Cardiol J 17:448-56. 2010..We performed a systematic review and meta-analysis to study the impact of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEIs) and angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) on the incidence of new onset DM...
- Predictors and outcomes associated with gastrointestinal bleeding in patients with acute coronary syndromesMouaz Al-Mallah
Department of Internal Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
J Thromb Thrombolysis 23:51-5. 2007..An important complication associated with these therapies is gastrointestinal bleeding (GIB); yet, the predictors, optimal management, and outcomes associated with GIB in ACS patients are poorly studied...
- Significance of high sensitivity C-reactive protein and D-dimer in evaluating intracardiac thrombus and spontaneous echo contrast in patients referred for transesophageal echocardiography: a prospective studyMohammed Abu-Mahfouz
Heart and Vascular Institute, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Cardiol J 19:267-73. 2012..We aimed to determine if high sensitivity C-reactive protein (CRP) and D-dimer (DD), in combination with variables of lower thrombotic risk (normal ejection fraction [NEF], sinus rhythm [NSR]), may predict the absence of ICT/SEC...
- Long-term outcomes based on time-to-angioplasty in patients admitted with non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndromesMouaz Al-Mallah
Interventional Cardiovascular Fellowship, Henry Ford Heart and Vascular Institute, Cardiac Cath Lab, K-2, 2799 West Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 17:251-5. 2005..04) after adjusting for confounding variables. CONCLUSION: In patients with NSTE-ACS and no contraindication to angiography, delayed angiography of more than 2 days of presentation was associated with increased mortality at 3 years...
- Active Lipid Management In Coronary Artery Disease (ALMICAD) studySanjaya Khanal
Henry Ford Heart and Vascular Institute, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Mich 48202, USA
Am J Med 120:734.e11-7. 2007..The effectiveness of such a strategy is not known. We sought to investigate whether a specialized clinic achieves better lipid results and clinical outcomes than standard care...
- Positive troponin in diabetic ketoacidosis without evident acute coronary syndrome predicts adverse cardiac eventsMouaz Al-Mallah
Heart and Vascular Institute, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 West Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Clin Cardiol 31:67-71. 2008..However, the prognostic significance of troponin elevation in patients with diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) without evident ACS has not been studied...
- Isolated right ventricular infarct presenting as ventricular fibrillation arrest and confirmed by delayed-enhancement cardiac MRIJoao L Cavalcante
Henry Ford Hospital, Heart and Vascular Institute, 2799 West Grand Blvd, K 14, Detroit, MI 48202, United States
Heart Lung Circ 19:620-3. 2010..This case uniquely combines this rare clinical sequence with DE-CMR images using gadolinium to confirm isolated RVMI. A brief review of RVMI presentation and associated EKG patterns is also discussed...
- The impact of public smoking ban on the incidence of myocardial infarction hospitalizationsOwais Khawaja
Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI, USA
Rev Cardiovasc Med 11:e121-9. 2010..In this article, we discuss the effect of smoking ban on the economy and on human health in general, as well as its potential effects on the prevalence of smoking...
- Long term favorable prognostic value of negative treadmill echocardiogram in the setting of abnormal treadmill electrocardiogram: a 95 month median duration follow-up studyMouaz Al-Mallah
Henry Ford Hospital, Heart and Vascular Institute, Detroit, Michigan, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 21:1018-22. 2008....
- Clinical application of cardiac CMRMouaz Al-Mallah
Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, USA
Rev Cardiovasc Med 10:134-41. 2009..It can also be used to evaluate patients with chest pain and pericardial diseases...
- Relationship of aortic valve calcification with coronary artery calcium severity: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA)Khurram Nasir
Division of Cardiology, Blalock 524 C, Johns Hopkins University, 600N Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr 4:41-6. 2010..Aortic valve calcification (AVC) and atherosclerosis share causative and pathologic features...
- Adult bone marrow-derived cells for cardiac repair: a systematic review and meta-analysisAhmed Abdel Latif
Division of Cardiology, Institute of Molecular Cardiology, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Arch Intern Med 167:989-97. 2007..However, the effects of BMC transplantation in patients with ischemic heart disease remains unclear...
- The relationship between spontaneous echocontrast, transesophageal echocardiographic parameters, and blood hemoglobin levelsJoão Luiz Cavalcante
Henry Ford Hospital, Heart and Vascular Institute, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 21:868-72. 2008..Increased hematocrit and fibrinogen levels have been associated with SEC in prior studies. Whether low hemoglobin (Hb) levels are an independent predictor of lower prevalence of SEC is a question that remains unanswered...