Affiliation: Hennepin County Medical Center
- A Cluster Randomized Trial of Interventions to Improve Work Conditions and Clinician Burnout in Primary Care: Results from the Healthy Work Place (HWP) StudyMark Linzer
Division of General Internal Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA
J Gen Intern Med 30:1105-11. 2015..Work conditions in primary care are associated with physician burnout and lower quality of care...
- Part-time careers in academic internal medicine: a report from the association of specialty professors part-time careers task force on behalf of the alliance for academic internal medicineMark Linzer
Section of General Internal Medicine Scholars, Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Acad Med 84:1395-400. 2009....
- Separate and unequal: clinics where minority and nonminority patients receive primary careAnita B Varkey
Department of Medicine, Loyola University Medical Center, 2160 S First Avenue, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Arch Intern Med 169:243-50. 2009..We compared 96 primary care clinics in New York, New York, and in the upper Midwest serving various proportions of minority patients to determine differences in workplace organizational characteristics...
- Working conditions in primary care: physician reactions and care qualityMark Linzer
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, and Medical College of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Ann Intern Med 151:28-36, W6-9. 2009..Adverse primary care work conditions could lead to a reduction in the primary care workforce and lower-quality patient care...
- Respecting the lifecycle: rational workforce planning for a section of general internal medicineMark Linzer
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Am J Med 113:443-8. 2002
- Shared decision making in the safety net: where do we go from here?Angelique B Bouma
The Department of Medicine, the Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation, and the Division of General Internal Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN the Department of Sociology and Anthropology, University of Lumière, Lyon, France the Department of International Health, CAPHRI School for Public Health and Primary Care, Maastricht University, Maastricht, Netherlands Knowledge and Evaluation Research Unit, Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN and the Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
J Am Board Fam Med 27:292-4. 2014..Clinics serving safety net patients face special challenges, including fewer resources and more challenging work environments. The use of SDM within safety net institutions has not been well studied...
- Physician perspectives on quality and error in the outpatient settingLinda Baier Manwell
Section of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53705, USA
WMJ 108:139-44. 2009..Little is known about the influence of the primary care workplace on patient care. Assessing physician opinion through focus groups can elucidate factors related to safety and error in this setting...
- Exploring the generalist-subspecialist interface in internal medicineMark Linzer
Section of General Internal Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Am J Med 119:528-37. 2006
- Worklife and satisfaction of general internistsTosha B Wetterneck
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, 600 W Highland Ave, J5 214 Clinical Science Center, MC 2454, Madison, WI 53792 2454, USA
Arch Intern Med 162:649-56. 2002..Prior studies have reported relatively low job satisfaction for general internists. We used data from a large US physician survey to assess correlates of satisfaction of general internists...
- Minimizing Error, Maximizing Outcome (MEMO): The Physic*Mark Linzer; Fiscal Year: 2003..We also anticipate being able to answer questions about women and minority physicians, groups that are typically underrepresented in physician-centered research. ..