Paul L Hebert
- The contribution of geography to black/white differences in the use of low neonatal mortality hospitals in New York CityPaul L Hebert
VA HSR and D, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Med Care 49:200-6. 2011..Racial differences in the use of high-quality hospital care contribute to racial disparities in mortality for very low birth weight (VLBW) neonates...
- Methods for using data abstracted from medical charts to impute longitudinal missing data in a clinical trialPaul L Hebert
Department of Veterans Affairs, Northwest Center for Outcomes Research in Older Adults, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA, USA
Value Health 14:1085-91. 2011..To describe a method for imputing missing follow-up blood pressure data in a clinical hypertension trial using blood pressures abstracted from medical charts...
- Intravenous access during out-of-hospital emergency care of noninjured patients: a population-based outcome studyChristopher W Seymour
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Ann Emerg Med 59:296-303. 2012..We evaluate the association between out-of-hospital, intravenous access and mortality among noninjured, non-cardiac arrest patients...
- Cost-effectiveness of nurse-led disease management for heart failure in an ethnically diverse urban communityPaul L Hebert
Health Services Research and Development, Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health CareSystem, 1100 Olive Way, Suite 1400, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Ann Intern Med 149:540-8. 2008..Randomized, controlled trials have shown that nurse-led disease management for patients with heart failure can reduce hospitalizations. Less is known about the cost-effectiveness of these interventions...
- Reliance on Veterans Affairs outpatient care by Medicare-eligible veteransChuan Fen Liu
Northwest Center for Outcomes Research in Older Adults, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 98101, USA
Med Care 49:911-7. 2011..To examine longitudinal changes in Medicare-eligible veterans' reliance on the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) healthcare system for primary and specialty care over 4 years...