Vincent J Willey
Affiliation: Health Outcomes Research
- Costs of severely ill members and specialty medication use in a commercially insured populationVincent J Willey
Research Development and Operations, at HealthCore in Wilmington, Delaware, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 27:824-34. 2008..The advantages of paying for specialty medications under the pharmacy benefit should be evaluated in conjunction with the potential consequences of increased out-of-pocket burden...
- Management patterns and outcomes of patients with venous thromboembolism in the usual community practice settingVincent J Willey
HealthCore, Inc, Wilmington, DE 19081, USA
Clin Ther 26:1149-59. 2004....
- Risk of hospitalized rhabdomyolysis associated with lipid-lowering drugs in a real-world clinical settingMark J Cziraky
HealthCore, Inc, 800 Delaware Avenue, Wilmington, DE 19801, USA
J Clin Lipidol 7:102-8. 2013..The occurrence of low rates of rhabdomyolysis among patients receiving lipid-lowering drugs (LLDs) in randomized clinical trials may be elucidated with population-based studies...
- Achievement of optimal combined lipid values in a managed care setting: is a new treatment paradigm needed?Chaitanya A Sarawate
Health Core, Inc, Wilmington, Delaware 19801, USA
Clin Ther 29:196-209. 2007..Published guidelines suggest the management of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C) and triglyceride (TG) values after the low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C) goal is achieved...
- Effectiveness of rosuvastatin versus atorvastatin in reducing lipid levels and achieving low-density-lipoprotein cholesterol goals in a usual care settingMichael F Bullano
Health Economics and Outcomes Research, AstraZeneca LP, 800 Delaware Avenue, Wilmington, DE 19801, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 64:276-84. 2007..The effectiveness of rosuvastatin versus atorvastatin in reducing lipid levels and achieving low-density-lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol goals in patients treated in a usual care setting was studied...
- Risk of cardiovascular events in patients at optimal values for combined lipid parametersEric J Stanek
Kos Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Cranbury, NJ, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 23:553-63. 2007..The study objective was to evaluate the risk of CV events in patients attaining versus not attaining combined (LDL-C, HDL-C, and TG) optimal lipid values...
- Hypoglycemic events and glycosylated hemoglobin values in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus newly initiated on insulin glargine or premixed insulin combination productsMichael F Bullano
Health Economics and Outcomes Research, AstraZeneca, Wilmington, DE 19850 5347, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 63:2473-82. 2006..Rates of hypoglycemic events and their associated costs were compared among patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus newly initiated on insulin glargine or a premixed insulin fixed-combination product...
- Agreement between administrative claims and the medical record in identifying patients with a diagnosis of hypertensionMichael F Bullano
HealthCore Inc, Wilmington, Delaware 19801, USA
Med Care 44:486-90. 2006..This study evaluated the accuracy of 2 administrative claims-based selection rules to identify patients with hypertension (HTN) using medical records as the gold standard...
- Monitoring anticoagulation in atrial fibrillationChaitanya Sarawate
HealthCore, 800 Delaware Ave 5th Floor, Wilmington, DE 19801, USA
J Thromb Thrombolysis 21:191-8. 2006....
- Risk of cardiovascular events and all-cause mortality in patients treated with thiazolidinediones in a managed-care populationDebra A Wertz
HealthCore, Inc, 800 Delaware Ave, 5th Floor, Wilmington, DE 19801, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 3:538-45. 2010..This study directly compares risk of acute myocardial infarction (AMI), acute heart failure (AHF), or all-cause death among pioglitazone- and rosiglitazone-treated patients in a managed-care population...
- Assessing incidence and economic burden of genital warts with data from a US commercially insured populationTracey Hoy
HealthCore, Inc, Fifth Floor, 800 Delaware Avenue, Wilmington, DE 19801, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 25:2343-51. 2009..This study examined the incidence of and healthcare costs attributable to genital warts within a large US commercially insured, geographically dispersed population...
- Statin safety: an assessment using an administrative claims databaseMark J Cziraky
HealthCore, Inc, Wilmington, Delaware 19801, USA
Am J Cardiol 97:61C-68C. 2006..No hospitalized cases of the index AEs were observed in study subjects during the 6-month period before initiation of the lipid-lowering drug. Statin monotherapy as currently prescribed is generally well tolerated and safe...
- Disparities in medical care among commercially insured patients with newly diagnosed breast cancer: opportunities for interventionLouise J Short
HealthCore, Inc, Wilmington, DE 19801 1366, USA
Cancer 116:193-202. 2010..African-American women have increased breast cancer mortality compared with white women. Diagnostic and treatment gaps may contribute to this disparity...
- Effect of rosuvastatin compared with other statins on lipid levels and National Cholesterol Education Program goal attainment for low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in a usual care settingMichael F Bullano
Health Outcomes Research, HealthCore, Inc, Wilmington, Delaware 19801, USA
Pharmacotherapy 26:469-78. 2006....
- Efficiency and economic benefits of a payer-based electronic health record in an emergency departmentGregory W Daniel
HealthCore, Inc, Wilmington, DE, USA
Acad Emerg Med 17:824-33. 2010....
- Beyond the myths: finding benefit design solutions that address the true costs of high healthcare useVincent J Willey
HealthCore, Wilmington, Delaware, USA
Am J Manag Care 14:S252-63. 2008..Achieving savings in direct and indirect costs will require more than shifting coverage, which can lead to nonadherence and increase costs elsewhere...
- Differences in hypoglycemia event rates and associated cost-consequence in patients initiated on long-acting and intermediate-acting insulin productsMichael F Bullano
HealthCore, Inc, Wilmington, DE 19801, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 21:291-8. 2005..To compare hypoglycemia event rates in patients initiated on long-acting insulin analog (glargine) or intermediate-acting insulin (NPH) and to analyze the associated cost-consequence from a managed care perspective...
- Gender bias in lipid assessment and treatment following percutaneous coronary interventionJennifer A Corbelli
Buffalo Cardiology and Pulmonary Associates, 6460 Main St, Williamsville, NY 14231 9060, USA
J Gend Specif Med 6:21-6. 2003..To identify a possible gender bias in lipid assessment and treatment of patients following percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)...
- Follow-up lipid tests and physician visits are associated with improved adherence to statin therapyJoshua S Benner
ValueMedics Research, LLC, Arlington, Virginia, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 22:13-23. 2004..The objective of this study was to determine whether lipid tests and physician visits after treatment initiation are indeed associated with adherence to statin therapy...
- Opportunity for intervention to achieve American Heart Association guidelines for optimal lipid levels in high-risk women in a managed care settingLori Mosca
Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Circulation 111:488-93. 2005..This study evaluated optimal lipid-level attainment and treatment patterns on the basis of these guidelines in high-risk women in a managed care setting...
- Effects of gemfibrozil conversion to fenofibrate on lipids in patients on statin therapyJohn C Corbelli
Buffalo Cardiology and Pulmonary Associates, Williamsville, New York 14231, USA
Am J Cardiol 90:1388-91. 2002
- Association between short-term effectiveness of statins and long-term adherence to lipid-lowering therapyJoshua S Benner
ValueMedics Research, LLC, Falls Church, VA 22406, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 62:1468-75. 2005..The relationship between low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol reduction in the first 3 months of statin therapy and medication adherence during a 33-month follow-up period was studied...