Michael F Bullano
Affiliation: Health Outcomes Research
- Longitudinal evaluation of health plan cost per venous thromboembolism or bleed event in patients with a prior venous thromboembolism event during hospitalizationMichael F Bullano
HealthCore, Inc, 800 Delaware Ave, Wilmington, DE 19801, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 11:663-73. 2005....
- Effectiveness of rosuvastatin versus atorvastatin in reducing lipid levels and achieving low-density-lipoprotein cholesterol goals in a usual care settingMichael F Bullano
Health Economics and Outcomes Research, AstraZeneca LP, 800 Delaware Avenue, Wilmington, DE 19801, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 64:276-84. 2007..The effectiveness of rosuvastatin versus atorvastatin in reducing lipid levels and achieving low-density-lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol goals in patients treated in a usual care setting was studied...
- Management patterns and outcomes of patients with venous thromboembolism in the usual community practice settingVincent J Willey
HealthCore, Inc, Wilmington, DE 19081, USA
Clin Ther 26:1149-59. 2004....
- Hypoglycemic events and glycosylated hemoglobin values in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus newly initiated on insulin glargine or premixed insulin combination productsMichael F Bullano
Health Economics and Outcomes Research, AstraZeneca, Wilmington, DE 19850 5347, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 63:2473-82. 2006..Rates of hypoglycemic events and their associated costs were compared among patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus newly initiated on insulin glargine or a premixed insulin fixed-combination product...
- Monitoring anticoagulation in atrial fibrillationChaitanya Sarawate
HealthCore, 800 Delaware Ave 5th Floor, Wilmington, DE 19801, USA
J Thromb Thrombolysis 21:191-8. 2006....
- LDL-C goal attainment among patients newly diagnosed with coronary heart disease or diabetes in a commercial HMOSoma S Nag
Merck and Co, Inc, 770 Broad Street, West Point, PA, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 13:652-63. 2007..Patients with coronary heart disease or diabetes are at high risk of coronary events and are particularly important target groups for monitoring and dose adjustment of lipid-modifying drug therapy...
- Agreement between administrative claims and the medical record in identifying patients with a diagnosis of hypertensionMichael F Bullano
HealthCore Inc, Wilmington, Delaware 19801, USA
Med Care 44:486-90. 2006..This study evaluated the accuracy of 2 administrative claims-based selection rules to identify patients with hypertension (HTN) using medical records as the gold standard...
- Differences in hypoglycemia event rates and associated cost-consequence in patients initiated on long-acting and intermediate-acting insulin productsMichael F Bullano
HealthCore, Inc, Wilmington, DE 19801, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 21:291-8. 2005..To compare hypoglycemia event rates in patients initiated on long-acting insulin analog (glargine) or intermediate-acting insulin (NPH) and to analyze the associated cost-consequence from a managed care perspective...
- Effect of rosuvastatin compared with other statins on lipid levels and National Cholesterol Education Program goal attainment for low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in a usual care settingMichael F Bullano
Health Outcomes Research, HealthCore, Inc, Wilmington, Delaware 19801, USA
Pharmacotherapy 26:469-78. 2006....
- The impact of initial statin treatment decisions on cardiovascular outcomes in clinical care settings: estimates using the Archimedes ModelAndrew van Herick
Archimedes, Inc, San Francisco, CA, USA
Clinicoecon Outcomes Res 4:337-47. 2012..With computer simulations, the impact of initial statin treatment decisions on medium- and long-term cardiovascular outcomes were examined...
- Adherence to single-pill combination versus multiple-pill combination lipid-modifying therapy among patients with mixed dyslipidemia in a managed care populationSiddhesh A Kamat
HealthCore, Inc, Wilmington, DE, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 27:961-8. 2011..Single-pill combination (SPC) lipid-modifying therapies may improve patient adherence due to decreased pill burden and increased convenience for the patient...
- Analysis of healthcare utilization patterns and adherence in patients receiving typical and atypical antipsychotic medicationsIbrahim S Al-Zakwani
Health Core, Inc, Newark, DE 19713, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 19:619-26. 2003..Multivariable methods were utilized to analyze healthcare resource utilizations between groups...
- Association between short-term effectiveness of statins and long-term adherence to lipid-lowering therapyJoshua S Benner
ValueMedics Research, LLC, Falls Church, VA 22406, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 62:1468-75. 2005..The relationship between low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol reduction in the first 3 months of statin therapy and medication adherence during a 33-month follow-up period was studied...
- Follow-up lipid tests and physician visits are associated with improved adherence to statin therapyJoshua S Benner
ValueMedics Research, LLC, Arlington, Virginia, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 22:13-23. 2004..The objective of this study was to determine whether lipid tests and physician visits after treatment initiation are indeed associated with adherence to statin therapy...
- Gender bias in lipid assessment and treatment following percutaneous coronary interventionJennifer A Corbelli
Buffalo Cardiology and Pulmonary Associates, 6460 Main St, Williamsville, NY 14231 9060, USA
J Gend Specif Med 6:21-6. 2003..To identify a possible gender bias in lipid assessment and treatment of patients following percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)...
- Effects of gemfibrozil conversion to fenofibrate on lipids in patients on statin therapyJohn C Corbelli
Buffalo Cardiology and Pulmonary Associates, Williamsville, New York 14231, USA
Am J Cardiol 90:1388-91. 2002
- Understanding practice patterns and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol goal attainment implications of switching patients from simvastatin in a health plan settingCaroline R Harley
Health Economics and Outcomes, i3 Innovus, 12125 Technology Drive, Minnesota, MN 55244, USA
Am J Manag Care 13:S276-81. 2007....
- Rates of discontinuation and change of glaucoma therapy in a managed care settingJoshua J Spooner
Am J Manag Care 8:S262-70. 2002..Comparing discontinuation and change rates of glaucoma pharmacotherapies provides insight as to which agents perform more effectively...