Daryl E M Fujii
Affiliation: Hawaii State Hospital
- Neurocognition and long-term prediction of quality of life in outpatients with severe and persistent mental illnessDaryl E Fujii
Department of Psychology, Hawaii State Hospital, 45 710 Keaahala Road, Kaneohe, HI 96744, USA
Schizophr Res 69:67-73. 2004..Discussion focused on neurocognition as a predictor of QOL, clinical implications, and the potential for improving QOL through cognitive interventions...
- Characteristics of psychotic disorder due to traumatic brain injury: an analysis of case studies in the literatureDaryl Fujii
Department of Neuropsychology, Hawaii State Hospital, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 14:130-40. 2002..The general presentation included delusions and hallucinations without co-occurring negative symptoms. The findings demonstrate that patients with PDTBI have a profile that distinguishes itself from schizophrenia...
- The salience of visuospatial and organizational skills in reproducing the Rey-Osterreith Complex Figure in subjects with high and low IQsD E Fujii
Hawaii State Hospital, Kaneohe, USA
Clin Neuropsychol 14:551-4. 2000..By contrast, for the low IQ group, organizational skills were more salient for predicting ROCF copy score. Our findings are discussed in relation to the Boston Process Approach...
- A neuropsychological comparison of psychotic disorder following traumatic brain injury, traumatic brain injury without psychotic disorder, and schizophreniaDaryl Fujii
Hawaii State Hospital, Department of Neuropsychology, Kaneohe, Hawaii 96744, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 16:306-14. 2004..No differences were found between normal subjects and the TBIWP group. Implications of our findings for the conceptualization of psychotic disorders are discussed...
- Is psychosis a neurobiological syndrome?Daryl E Fujii
Department of Psychology, Hawaii State Hospital, Kaneohe, Hawaii, USA
Can J Psychiatry 49:713-8. 2004..To describe theoretical weaknesses in the DSM-IV criteria for psychotic disorders and to argue that schizophrenia-like psychosis is a neurobiological syndrome similar to aphasia or apraxia...
- Ethnic differences in prediction of violence risk with the HCR-20 among psychiatric inpatientsDaryl E M Fujii
Hawaii State Hospital, 45 710 Keaahala Road, Kaneohe, Hawaii, USA
Psychiatr Serv 56:711-6. 2005..This study examined ethnic differences in assessment of violence risk among psychiatric inpatients by using the Historical Clinical Risk Management-20 (HCR-20)...