John A F Zupancic
Affiliation: Harvard University
- DoMINO: Donor milk for improved neurodevelopmental outcomesSharon Unger
University of Toronto and The Hospital for Sick Children, 327 Fitzgerald Building, 150 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 3E2, Canada
BMC Pediatr 14:123. 2014..Exploratory research questions include: Will use of pasteurized donor milk: (1) influence feeding tolerance and nutrient intake (2) have an acceptable cost effectiveness from a comprehensive societal perspective?..
- Health state preferences associated with weight status in children and adolescentsMandy B Belfort
Div of Newborn Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston Harvard Medical School, Boston MA, USA
BMC Pediatr 11:12. 2011....
- Economic evaluation of inhaled nitric oxide in preterm infants undergoing mechanical ventilationJohn A F Zupancic
Division of Newborn Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Pediatrics 124:1325-32. 2009..However, the price for the drug may be a barrier to widespread use. We sought to estimate the incremental cost-effectiveness of iNO therapy to prevent BPD in infants of <1250 g birth weight...
- The economics of elective cesarean sectionJohn A F Zupancic
Division of Newborn Medicine, Harvard Medical School, 300 Longwood Avenue, Enders 9, Boston, MA, USA
Clin Perinatol 35:591-9, xii. 2008....
- Revalidation of the Score for Neonatal Acute Physiology in the Vermont Oxford NetworkJohn A F Zupancic
Department of Neonatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Ave, Rose Building, Room 318, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Pediatrics 119:e156-63. 2007....
- Trends in severe bronchopulmonary dysplasia rates between 1994 and 2002Vincent C Smith
Department of Neonatology, Rose 318, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Pediatr 146:469-73. 2005..To examine temporal trends in the rates of severe bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD) between 1994 and 2002...
- Economic evaluation alongside the Premature Infants in Need of Transfusion randomised controlled trialKaren L Kamholz
Division of Neonatology, Boston Medical Center, 771 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 97:F93-8. 2012..However, a post-hoc analysis expanding the definition of NDI to include borderline intellectual functioning (Mental Development Index (MDI) <85) found an improvement in outcomes in the group maintained at higher haemoglobin levels...
- Retrospective economic evaluation of a controlled trial of indomethacin prophylaxis for patent ductus arteriosus in premature infantsJohn A F Zupancic
Department of Neonatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Early Hum Dev 82:97-103. 2006..To determine the incremental cost-effectiveness of indomethacin prophylaxis in extremely low birth weight infants enrolled in the Trial of Indomethacin Prophylaxis in Preterms (TIPP)...
- Neonatal intensive care unit census influences discharge of moderately preterm infantsJochen Profit
Harvard Newborn Medicine Program, Children s Hospital Boston and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Pediatrics 119:314-9. 2007..The decision to discharge should occur independent of unit census. We evaluated the impact of unit census on the decision to discharge moderately preterm infants...
- Daily cost prediction model in neonatal intensive careJohn A F Zupancic
Department of Neonatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02458, USA
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 19:330-8. 2003..To reduce this data collection burden, we identified the key resource items that predict daily ancillary costs for extremely low birth weight infants...
- Rehospitalization in the first year of life among infants with bronchopulmonary dysplasiaVincent C Smith
Department of Neonatalogy, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Pediatr 144:799-803. 2004..To describe rates and identify risk factors for rehospitalization during the first year of life among infants with bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD)...
- Prematurity: an overview and public health implicationsMarie C McCormick
Department of Society, Human Development and Health, School of Public Health, Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Annu Rev Public Health 32:367-79. 2011....
- CoolSim: using industrial modeling techniques to examine the impact of selective head cooling in a model of perinatal regionalizationJames Gray
Department of Neonatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Pediatrics 121:28-36. 2008....
- Are we satisfied with the way we review an article?Muhammad Aslam
Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Adv Neonatal Care 9:40-2. 2009..This article gives a brief overview of how to evaluate a manuscript and some basic statistical measures that can be used to evaluate a research study...
- Neonatal intensive care unit discharge preparedness: primary care implicationsVincent C Smith
Department of Neonatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Avenue, BIDMC Rose 318, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 51:454-61. 2012..To investigate specific post-neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) discharge outcomes and issues for families...
- Economic evaluation of caffeine for apnea of prematurityDmitry Dukhovny
Division of Newborn Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Pediatrics 127:e146-55. 2011..To determine the cost-effectiveness of treatment with caffeine compared with placebo for apnea of prematurity in infants with birth weights less than 1250 g, from birth through 18 to 21 months' corrected age...
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of predischarge monitoring for apnea of prematurityJohn A F Zupancic
Department of Neonatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Pediatrics 111:146-52. 2003..Our objective was to establish the economic impact of varying durations of predischarge observation for apnea of prematurity...
- Cost-effectiveness of early treatment for retinopathy of prematurityKaren L Kamholz
Department of Pediatrics, Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Pediatrics 123:262-9. 2009..However, early treatment increased the frequency of laser therapy, anesthesia with intubation, treatment-related systemic complications, and the need for repeat treatments...
- Prenatal consultation practices at the border of viability: a regional surveyTara K Bastek
Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Newborn Medicine Program, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Pediatrics 116:407-13. 2005..We undertook a survey of all practicing neonatologists in New England to determine their attitudes and practices regarding prenatal consultations for infants at the border of viability...
- Prospective economic evaluation of a peer support intervention for prevention of postpartum depression among high-risk women in Ontario, CanadaDmitry Dukhovny
Division of Newborn Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Perinatol 30:631-42. 2013..Our objective was to determine the cost-effectiveness of this intervention...
- Characterization of neonatal personnel time inputs and prediction from clinical variables--a time and motion studyJohn A F Zupancic
Department of Neonatology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02458, USA
J Perinatol 22:658-63. 2002..To characterize and predict personnel time inputs to neonatal intensive care using infant characteristics from chart review...
- Resuscitation and ventilation strategies for extremely preterm infants: a comparison study between two neonatal centers in Boston and StockholmMireille Vanpee
Neonatal Unit, Astrid Lindgren Children s Hospital, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 96:10-6; discussion 8-9. 2007..To evaluate if different resuscitation and ventilatory styles exist between two neonatal units, and if the less aggressive approach has a beneficiary effect on BPD outcome...
- Implementing pay-for-performance in the neonatal intensive care unitJochen Profit
Section of Neonatology, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatrics 119:975-82. 2007..In this article, we describe approaches to measuring quality and implementing pay-for-performance in the NICU setting...
- Internet use and perceptions of information reliability by parents in a neonatal intensive care unitAmrit S Dhillon
Department of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia and Children s and Women s Health Centre of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Perinatol 23:420-4. 2003..To assess Internet use and perceptions of formation reliability by parents in a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)...
- Cost-effectiveness and choice of infant transport systemsShoo K Lee
Department of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Med Care 40:705-16. 2002....