Genomes and Genes
LEONARD IRA ZON
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Rossmann M, Zhou Y, Zon L. Development: For cloche the Bell Tolls. Curr Biol. 2016;26:R890-R892 pubmed publisher..This work poses intriguing questions as to the genetic and molecular nature of the origin of hemato-vascular lineages during early embryogenesis. ..
- Freeman J, Adeniyi A, Banerjee R, Dallaire S, Maguire S, Chi J, et al. Definition of the zebrafish genome using flow cytometry and cytogenetic mapping. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:195 pubmed..An accurately annotated zebrafish reference genome serves as a valuable resource for investigating the molecular basis of human diseases using zebrafish mutant models. ..
- Fast E, ZON L. Aging Hematopoietic Stem Cells Make Their History. Dev Cell. 2016;39:390-391 pubmed publisher..In a recent issue of Cell, Bernitz and colleagues (2016) determine the divisional history of hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) to be a key player of regenerative potential in the aging mouse. ..
- Perlin J, Robertson A, Zon L. Efforts to enhance blood stem cell engraftment: Recent insights from zebrafish hematopoiesis. J Exp Med. 2017;214:2817-2827 pubmed publisher..Manipulation of these signaling pathways and cell types may improve HSC bioengineering, which could significantly advance critical, lifesaving HSCT therapies. ..
- Tan J, Fogley R, Flynn R, Ablain J, Yang S, Saint André V, et al. Stress from Nucleotide Depletion Activates the Transcriptional Regulator HEXIM1 to Suppress Melanoma. Mol Cell. 2016;62:34-46 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals an important role for HEXIM1 in coupling nucleotide metabolism with transcriptional regulation in melanoma. ..
- Kaufman C, Mosimann C, Fan Z, Yang S, Thomas A, Ablain J, et al. A zebrafish melanoma model reveals emergence of neural crest identity during melanoma initiation. Science. 2016;351:aad2197 pubmed publisher..Our work highlights NCP state reemergence as a key event in melanoma initiation. ..
- Liu X, Jia X, Yuan H, Ma K, Chen Y, Jin Y, et al. DNA methyltransferase 1 functions through C/ebpa to maintain hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells in zebrafish. J Hematol Oncol. 2015;8:15 pubmed publisher..Dnmt1 is required for HSPC maintenance via cebpa regulation during definitive hematopoiesis in zebrafish. ..
- Jing L, Tamplin O, Chen M, Deng Q, Patterson S, Kim P, et al. Adenosine signaling promotes hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell emergence. J Exp Med. 2015;212:649-63 pubmed publisher..5 aorta-gonad-mesonephros explants. Our results demonstrate that adenosine signaling plays an evolutionary conserved role in the first steps of HSPC formation in vertebrates. ..
- Tamplin O, Durand E, Carr L, Childs S, Hagedorn E, Li P, et al. Hematopoietic stem cell arrival triggers dynamic remodeling of the perivascular niche. Cell. 2015;160:241-52 pubmed publisher..Our studies provide evidence for dynamic niche interactions upon stem cell colonization. PAPERFLICK: ..
- Ransom D, Bahary N, Niss K, Traver D, Burns C, Trede N, et al. The zebrafish moonshine gene encodes transcriptional intermediary factor 1gamma, an essential regulator of hematopoiesis. PLoS Biol. 2004;2:E237 pubmed..Our results establish a major role for this transcriptional intermediary factor in the differentiation of hematopoietic cells in vertebrates. ..
- Ablain J, Durand E, Yang S, Zhou Y, Zon L. A CRISPR/Cas9 vector system for tissue-specific gene disruption in zebrafish. Dev Cell. 2015;32:756-64 pubmed publisher..This vector system constitutes a unique tool to spatially control gene knockout and greatly broadens the scope of loss-of-function studies in zebrafish. ..