Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Pathway analysis for genome-wide association study of basal cell carcinoma of the skinMingfeng Zhang
Department of Dermatology, Clinical Research Program, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e22760. 2011..Recently, a pathway-based approach has been developed to evaluate the cumulative contribution of the functionally related genes for genome-wide association studies (GWASs), which may help utilize GWAS data to a greater extent...
- Use of tanning beds and incidence of skin cancerMingfeng Zhang
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:1588-93. 2012..We sought to evaluate the risk effect of tanning bed use on skin cancers among teenage and young adults. We also expected to determine whether a dose-response relationship was evident...
- Genetically determined ABCB5 functionality correlates with pigmentation phenotype and melanoma riskJennifer Y Lin
Department of Dermatology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 436:536-42. 2013..Moreover, they provide a first example that functional variation in a prospective cancer stem cell marker can be associated with disease risk for the corresponding malignancy. ..
- Integrating pathway analysis and genetics of gene expression for genome-wide association study of basal cell carcinomaMingfeng Zhang
Clinical Research Program, Department of Dermatology, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Hum Genet 131:615-23. 2012..08). Based on the evidence of biological functions of the JAK-STAT pathway on oncogenesis, it is plausible that this pathway is involved in BCC pathogenesis...
- Heterogeneity in host risk factors for incident melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer in a cohort of US womenAbrar A Qureshi
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Epidemiol 21:197-203. 2011..Melanoma, squamous cell carcinoma (SCC), and basal cell carcinoma (BCC) are 3 types of skin cancer that have distinct biologic characteristics and prognoses. We evaluated phenotypic differences in the risk of these cancers in US women...
- Genome-wide association studies identify several new loci associated with pigmentation traits and skin cancer risk in European AmericansMingfeng Zhang
Clinical Research Program, Department of Dermatology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Hum Mol Genet 22:2948-59. 2013..0 × 10(-8); P = 6.6 × 10(-7) in the discovery set and P = 3.0 × 10(-3) in the replication set) and rs8015138 upstream of GNG2 (P = 6.6 × 10(-8); P = 5.3 × 10(-7) in the discovery set and P = 0.01 in the replication set). ..
- PGC-1 coactivators regulate MITF and the tanning responseJonathan Shoag
Cardiovascular Institute, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell 49:145-57. 2013..These data identify PGC-1 coactivators as regulators of human tanning...
- Genetic variation in DNA repair pathway genes and melanoma riskMingfeng Zhang
Clinical Research Program, Department of Dermatology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
DNA Repair (Amst) 10:111-6. 2011..Further work on fine-mapping and on the functional characterization of this and linked SNPs in this region is required...