Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Plasticity changes of neuronal activities in central lateral nucleus by stimulation of the anterior cingulate cortex in ratLing Zhang
Institute of Neurobiology, Institutes of Brain Science and State Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Brain Res Bull 81:574-8. 2010..Taken together, we demonstrated descending modulation to nociceptive responses of CL neurons by direct projections from the ACC, which may underlie the neuronal mechanism of negative pain emotions...
- TNF-α contributes to spinal cord synaptic plasticity and inflammatory pain: distinct role of TNF receptor subtypes 1 and 2Ling Zhang
Department of Anesthesiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pain 152:419-27. 2011..TNF-α is shown to play a critical role in regulating spinal cord synaptic plasticity and central sensitization, and TNFR1 and TNFR2 play a distinct role in regulating different phases of inflammatory pain...
- TLR3 deficiency impairs spinal cord synaptic transmission, central sensitization, and pruritus in miceTong Liu
Sensory Plasticity Laboratory, Pain Research Center, Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Clin Invest 122:2195-207. 2012..Our findings demonstrate a critical role of TLR3 in regulating sensory neuronal excitability, spinal cord synaptic transmission, and central sensitization. TLR3 may serve as a new target for developing anti-itch treatment...
- Resolvins RvE1 and RvD1 attenuate inflammatory pain via central and peripheral actionsZhen Zhong Xu
Department of Anesthesiology, Sensory Plasticity Laboratory, Pain Research Center, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Med 16:592-7, 1p following 597. 2010..Given the potency of resolvins and the well-known side effects of opioids and COX inhibitors, resolvins may represent new analgesics for treating inflammatory pain...
- VGLUT2-dependent glutamate release from nociceptors is required to sense pain and suppress itchYang Liu
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, 1 Jimmy Fund Way, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Neuron 68:543-56. 2010..Our studies suggest that synaptic glutamate release from a group of peripheral nociceptors is required to sense pain and suppress itch. Elimination of VGLUT2 in these nociceptors creates a mouse model of chronic neurogenic itch...
- JNK-induced MCP-1 production in spinal cord astrocytes contributes to central sensitization and neuropathic painYong Jing Gao
Pain Research Center, Department of Anesthesiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Neurosci 29:4096-108. 2009..Inhibition of the JNK/MCP-1 pathway may provide a new therapy for neuropathic pain management...
- Spinal injection of TNF-α-activated astrocytes produces persistent pain symptom mechanical allodynia by releasing monocyte chemoattractant protein-1Yong Jing Gao
Sensory Plasticity Laboratory, Department of Anesthesiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Pain Research Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Glia 58:1871-80. 2010..Taken together, our results suggest that activated astrocytes are sufficient to produce persistent pain symptom in naïve mice by releasing MCP-1...
- Cytokine mechanisms of central sensitization: distinct and overlapping role of interleukin-1beta, interleukin-6, and tumor necrosis factor-alpha in regulating synaptic and neuronal activity in the superficial spinal cordYasuhiko Kawasaki
Pain Research Center, Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Neurosci 28:5189-94. 2008..PICs may further induce long-term synaptic plasticity through CREB-mediated gene transcription. Blockade of PIC signaling could be an effective way to suppress central sensitization and alleviate chronic pain...
- Anterior cingulate cortex contributes to the descending facilitatory modulation of pain via dorsal reticular nucleusLing Zhang
Institute of Neurobiology, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, P R China
Eur J Neurosci 22:1141-8. 2005....
- Effects of renal sympathetic denervation on post-myocardial infarction cardiac remodeling in ratsJialu Hu
Department of Cardiology, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 7:e45986. 2012..To investigate the therapeutic effects of renal denervation (RD) on post- myocardial infarction (MI) cardiac remodeling in rats, the most optimal time for intervention and the sustainability of these effects...
- [Metal stress-induced arrhythmia and thoracic spinal cord 1-5 nerve remodeling and myocardial electrophysiological remodeling in rats]Jia Lu Hu
Department of Cardiology, Zhongshan Hospital Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi 39:1094-100. 2011..The study aimed to investigate the relationship between arrhythmia occurrence and nerve remodeling of thoracic spinal cord 1-5 nerves as well as myocardial electrophysiological remodeling in a metal stress rat model...
- Monocillin II inhibits human breast cancer growth partially by inhibiting MAPK pathways and CDK2 Thr160 phosphorylationHuanhuan Wei
Key Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, The Ministry of Education, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, 138 Yixueyuan Road, Shanghai 200032, China
Chembiochem 13:465-75. 2012..These results suggest that monocillin II has potential therapeutic benefits in breast cancer prevention and intervention...