Affiliation: Harvard University
- E-selectin is required for the antiangiogenic activity of endostatinYing Yu
Vascular Biology Program, Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:8005-10. 2004..E-selectin may be a useful predictor and modulator of endostatin efficacy in antiangiogenic therapy...
- Endothelial progenitor cells in infantile hemangiomaYing Yu
Program in Vacular Biology, Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 103:1373-5. 2004..Our results suggest that EPCs contribute to the early growth of hemangioma. To our knowledge, this is the first study to show direct evidence of EPCs in a human vascular tumor...
- Differential expression of CD146 in tissues and endothelial cells derived from infantile haemangioma and normal human skinQing Li
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Pathol 201:296-302. 2003..Furthermore, it is possible that antibodies against CD146 may be useful for separating haemangioma-derived endothelial cells from normal endothelial cells and pericytes...
- AC133-2, a novel isoform of human AC133 stem cell antigenYing Yu
Surgical Research Laboratory, Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 277:20711-6. 2002..Taken together, these results suggest that AC133-2 is expressed in multiple stem cell niches and may provide a means to isolate specific stem cell subpopulations from human tissues...
- Evidence by molecular profiling for a placental origin of infantile hemangiomaCarmen M Barnes
Vascular Biology Program and Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:19097-102. 2005..Furthermore, it suggests that the unique self-limited growth of infantile hemangioma may, in fact, mirror the lifetime of placental endothelium...
- Mesenchymal stem cells and adipogenesis in hemangioma involutionYing Yu
Vascular Biology Program, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Stem Cells 24:1605-12. 2006..In summary, we have identified MSCs as a novel cellular constituent in infantile hemangioma. These MSCs may contribute to the adipogenesis during hemangioma involution...
- Genomic imprinting of IGF2 is maintained in infantile hemangioma despite its high level of expressionYing Yu
Vascular Biology Program, Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Med 10:117-23. 2004..Similar to heterozygous normal skin controls, all 15 informative hemangiomas showed uniform mono-allelic expression of Igf2. Therefore, loss of imprinting is not involved in the increased expression of IGF2 in infantile hemangioma...
- Transgenic rabbits with increased VEGF expression develop hemangiomas in the liver: a new model for Kasabach-Merritt syndromeShuji Kitajima
Analytical Research Center for Experimental Sciences, Saga University, Saga, Japan
Lab Invest 85:1517-27. 2005....
- Macrophage metalloelastase accelerates the progression of atherosclerosis in transgenic rabbitsJingyan Liang
Department of Pathology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
Circulation 113:1993-2001. 2006..However, the pathological roles of MMP-12 in the initiation and progression of atherosclerosis have not been defined...
- STIM1 is a Ca2+ sensor that activates CRAC channels and migrates from the Ca2+ store to the plasma membraneShenyuan L Zhang
Department of Physiology and Biophysics and Center for Immunology, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Nature 437:902-5. 2005..We propose that STIM1 functions as the missing link between Ca2+ store depletion and SOC influx, serving as a Ca2+ sensor that translocates upon store depletion to the plasma membrane to activate CRAC channels...
- Genetic model of selective COX2 inhibition reveals novel heterodimer signalingYing Yu
Institute for Translational Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Pennsylvania, 421 Curie Boulevard, BRB II III, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nat Med 12:699-704. 2006..The heterodimerization of PGHS1-PGHS2 may explain how the ductus arteriosus closes normally at birth in mice expressing PGHS2 Y385F, but not in PGHS2-null mice...
- Cyclooxygenases, microsomal prostaglandin E synthase-1, and cardiovascular functionYan Cheng
Institute for Translational Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Clin Invest 116:1391-9. 2006..These results suggest that inhibitors of mPGES-1 may retain their antiinflammatory efficacy by depressing PGE(2), while avoiding the adverse cardiovascular consequences associated with PGHS-2-mediated PGI(2) suppression...
- Expression and significance of Bcl-2, Bax, Fas and caspase-3 in different phases of human hemangiomaHong Yang
Department of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 26:402-4. 2006..Bcl-2 could promote the growth of hemangioma by inhibiting apoptosis of endothelia. Bax, Fas and caspase-3 promote the switch of hemangioma from proliferation to involution by inducing the apoptosis of hemangioma endothelia...
- A novel genetic model of selective COX-2 inhibition: comparison with COX-2 null miceYing Yu
Institute for Translational Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 82:77-84. 2007..In this short review, we compare a novel genetic COX-2 selective inhibition mouse model with the originally described COX-2 null mice in these different physiological functions...
- Angiogenic effect of intercellular adhesion molecule-1Chengguo Deng
Department of Histology and Embryology, Yunyang Medical College, Yunyang, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 27:9-12. 2007..of Anti-ICAM-1 (1:100, 1:50) 5 microL into the chick embryo CAMs on the day 6 after incubation for every subgroup to evaluate whether ICAM-1 involved in embryonic angiogenesis through observing the growth of microvessels on CAMs;..
- Increased expression of vascular endothelial growth factor in kidney leads to progressive impairment of glomerular functionsEnqi Liu
Analytical Research Center for Experimental Sciences, Saga University, Saga, Japan
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:2094-104. 2007....
- An assay to measure angiogenesis in human fat tissueFrank L Greenway
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University System, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
Obes Surg 17:510-5. 2007..Inhibition of angiogenesis reverses rodent obesity. A validated assay in human fat tissue is needed to study the role of angiogenesis in human obesity...
- Ca2+ signals in CD4+ T cells during early contacts with antigen-bearing dendritic cells in lymph nodeSindy H Wei
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
J Immunol 179:1586-94. 2007..We propose that sustained increases in basal [Ca(2+)](i) and spiking frequency constitute a Ca(2+) signaling modality that, integrated over hours, distinguishes immunogenic from basal state in the native lymphoid environment...
- Tetranor PGDM, an abundant urinary metabolite reflects biosynthesis of prostaglandin D2 in mice and humansWen Liang Song
Institute for Translational Medicine and Therapeutics, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 283:1179-88. 2008..Niacin increased tetranor PGDM and 2,3-dinor-11beta-PGF(2alpha) in humans coincident with facial flushing. Tetranor PGDM is an abundant metabolite in urine that reflects modulated biosynthesis of PGD(2) in humans and mice...
- Identification of complex vertebral malformation carriers in Chinese HolsteinQin Chu
Department of Animal Genetics and Breeding, College of Animal Science and Technology, China Agricultural University, 2 Yuanmingyuan West Road, Beijing, China 100094
J Vet Diagn Invest 20:228-30. 2008..The results of this study indicate that the CVM gene exists in the Chinese Holstein population...
- Human umbilical cord blood NK T cells kill tumors by multiple cytotoxic mechanismsBalgansuren Gansuvd
Department of Hematology and Rheumatology, Kanagawa, Japan
Hum Immunol 63:164-75. 2002..NK T cells can kill tumor targets by perforin, Fas-FasL, and TNF-alpha mechanisms. TNF-alpha killing requires longer contact between effectors and targets, suggesting that TNF-alpha acts by enhancing perforin killing...
- Mammary ductal morphogenesis requires paracrine activation of stromal EGFR via ADAM17-dependent shedding of epithelial amphiregulinMark D Sternlicht
Department of Anatomy, University of California, 513 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94143 0452, USA
Development 132:3923-33. 2005..Thus, ADAM17 plays a crucial role in mammary morphogenesis by releasing AREG from mammary epithelial cells, thereby eliciting paracrine activation of stromal EGFR and reciprocal responses that regulate mammary epithelial development...
- Role of capacitative Ca2+ entry in bronchial contraction and remodelingMichele Sweeney
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, California 92103, USA
J Appl Physiol 92:1594-602. 2002..These results suggest that upregulated TRPC1 expression, increased I(SOC), enhanced CCE, and elevated [Ca2+]cyt may play important roles in mediating bronchial constriction and BSMC proliferation...
- Inhibition of endogenous TRP1 decreases capacitative Ca2+ entry and attenuates pulmonary artery smooth muscle cell proliferationMichele Sweeney
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of California, San Diego, California 92103, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 283:L144-55. 2002..These results indicate that TRP1 may encode a store-operated Ca2+ channel that plays a critical role in PASMC proliferation by regulating CCE and intracellular [Ca2+](cyt)...
- PDGF stimulates pulmonary vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation by upregulating TRPC6 expressionYing Yu
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, California 92103, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 284:C316-30. 2003..The resultant increase in CCE raises [Ca(2+)](cyt), facilitates return of Ca(2+) to the SR, and enhances PASMC growth...
- Cell cycle-dependent expression of phosphorylated histone H2AX: reduced expression in unirradiated but not X-irradiated G1-phase cellsSusan H Macphail
Medical Biophysics Department, British Columbia Cancer Research Centre, British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Radiat Res 159:759-67. 2003..We conclude that expression of gammaH2AX is associated with DNA replication in unirradiated cells and that this reduces the sensitivity for detecting radiation-induced double-strand breaks in S- and G(2)-phase cells...
- The effects of alphaGalCer-induced TCRValpha24 Vbeta11(+) natural killer T cells on NK cell cytotoxicity in umbilical cord bloodYoko Ueda
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Tokai University School of Medicine, Bohseidai, Isehara, Kanagawa 259 1193, Japan
Cancer Immunol Immunother 52:625-31. 2003..The second one is to examine whether purified NKT cells could affect the cytotoxicity of UCB-NK cells either in the presence or absence of dendritic cells (DCs)...
- HIV vector production mediated by Rev protein transductionClaudia M Kowolik
Department of Virology, Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope, 1500 E Duarte Road, Duarte, California 91010, USA
Mol Ther 8:324-31. 2003..Eliminating the requirement for the HIV-1 rev gene during vector production should improve the safety of applying HIV vectors in human clinical trials...
- [The immunopotentiation of human B lymphocyte stimulator C-terminal peptide]Rui Yang Tian
Research Center of Biotechnology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200233, China
Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai) 35:1128-32. 2003..Furthermore, C-BLyS is proved to be an effective stimulator in mouse splenocytes proliferation in vitro and effective immunostimulant in vivo...
- Overexpression of TRPC1 enhances pulmonary vasoconstriction induced by capacitative Ca2+ entryNaomi Kunichika
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 287:L962-9. 2004..These observations demonstrate that hTRPC1 is an important Ca(2+)-permeable channel that mediates pulmonary vasoconstriction when PA smooth muscle cell intracellular Ca2+ stores are depleted...
- Bosentan inhibits transient receptor potential channel expression in pulmonary vascular myocytesNaomi Kunichika
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 170:1101-7. 2004..The greater effect of bosentan on IPAH-PASMCs than on normal PASMCs suggests that increased TRPC6 expression and function may be involved in the overgrowth of PASMCs in patients with IPAH...
- Enhanced expression of transient receptor potential channels in idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertensionYing Yu
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:13861-6. 2004..TRPC channel overexpression may be partially responsible for the increased PASMC proliferation and pulmonary vascular medial hypertrophy in IPAH patients...
- Gene trap and gene inversion methods for conditional gene inactivation in the mouseHong Bo Xin
Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University Ithaca, NY 14853 6401, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 33:e14. 2005....
- Differential impact of prostaglandin H synthase 1 knockdown on platelets and parturitionYing Yu
Institute for Translational Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Clin Invest 115:986-95. 2005..PGHS1(Neo/Neo) mice provide a model of low-dose aspirin therapy that elucidates how prevention or delay of preeclampsia might be achieved without compromising reproductive function...
- T cell hyperactivity in lupus as a consequence of hyperstimulatory antigen-presenting cellsJiankun Zhu
Simmons Arthritis Research Center, Division of Rheumatology, Center for Immunology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8884, USA
J Clin Invest 115:1869-78. 2005....
- The apical ectodermal ridge is a timer for generating distal limb progenitorsPengfei Lu
Department of Anatomy and Program in Developmental Biology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0452, USA
Development 135:1395-405. 2008..Taken together, we have uncovered a novel mechanism, whereby the AER regulates the number of autopod progenitors by determining the onset of their generation...