Jennifer M Yeh
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Contribution of H. pylori and smoking trends to US incidence of intestinal-type noncardia gastric adenocarcinoma: a microsimulation modelJennifer M Yeh
Center for Health Decision Science, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Med 10:e1001451. 2013..We sought to estimate the contribution of risk factor trends on past and future intestinal-type noncardia gastric adenocarcinoma (NCGA) incidence...
- Pediatric Hodgkin lymphoma: trade-offs between short- and long-term mortality risksJennifer M Yeh
Center for Health Decision Science, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 120:2195-202. 2012..Initial treatment with CT may be associated with longer average per-person life expectancy. These results support the need for careful consideration of the risk-benefit profile of radiation as frontline therapy in pediatric patients...
- Development of an empirically calibrated model of gastric cancer in two high-risk countriesJennifer M Yeh
Program in Health Decision Science, Department of Health Policy and Management, Harvard School of Public Health, 718 Huntington Avenue, 2nd Floor, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:1179-87. 2008..As better data become available, the model can be refined and recalibrated, and, as such, be used as an iterative tool to assess the likely health and economic outcomes associated with gastric cancer prevention strategies...
- Exploring the cost-effectiveness of Helicobacter pylori screening to prevent gastric cancer in China in anticipation of clinical trial resultsJennifer M Yeh
Department of Health Policy and Management, Program in Health Decision Science, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Int J Cancer 124:157-66. 2009..These results illustrate the potential promise of a gastric cancer screening program and provide rationale for urgent clinical studies to move the prevention agenda forward...
- Effects of Helicobacter pylori infection and smoking on gastric cancer incidence in China: a population-level analysis of trends and projectionsJennifer M Yeh
Center for Health Decision Science, Harvard School of Public Health, 718 Huntington Avenue, 2nd Floor, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Causes Control 20:2021-9. 2009..Our aim was to (1) retrospectively estimate the effects of Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) and smoking on past gastric cancer incidence and (2) project how interventions on these two risk factors can reduce future incidence...
- Cost-effectiveness of treatment and endoscopic surveillance of precancerous lesions to prevent gastric cancerJennifer M Yeh
Center for Health Decision Science, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer 116:2941-53. 2010..The objective of this study was to estimate the clinical benefits and cost-effectiveness of treatment and endoscopic surveillance to prevent gastric cancer...
- Development, calibration, and validation of a U.S. white male population-based simulation model of esophageal adenocarcinomaChin Hur
Massachusetts General Hospital Institute for Technology Assessment, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9483. 2010..S. and western world. The aim of the study was to begin the investigation of this rapid rise by developing, calibrating, and validating a mathematical disease simulation model of EAC using available epidemiologic data...
- Cost-effectiveness of endoscopic surveillance of gastric ulcers to improve survivalJennifer M Yeh
Center for Health Decision Science, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 72:33-43. 2010..Endoscopic surveillance of presumed-benign gastric ulcers may detect missed malignancy, but its impact on long-term outcomes is uncertain...
- Cost-effectiveness of augmenting universal hepatitis B vaccination with immunoglobin treatmentSolomon Chih Cheng Chen
Department of Global Health and Population, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Pediatrics 131:e1135-43. 2013..To compare the cost-effectiveness of hepatitis B virus (HBV) control strategies combining universal vaccination with hepatitis B immunoglobulin (HBIG) treatment for neonates of carrier mothers...
- A model-based estimate of cumulative excess mortality in survivors of childhood cancerJennifer M Yeh
Harvard School of Public Health, Harvard Medical School Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute and Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, and Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Ann Intern Med 152:409-17, W131-8. 2010..Although childhood cancer survival rates have dramatically increased, survivors face elevated risk for life-threatening late effects, including secondary cancer...
- A refined estimate of the average lifetime cost of pelvic inflammatory diseaseJennifer M Yeh
Department of Health Policy and Management, Center for Risk Analysis, Harvard School of Public Health, 718 Huntington Avenue, 2nd Floor, Boston, MA 02115 5924, USA
Sex Transm Dis 30:369-78. 2003..The major complications of pelvic inflammatory disease (infertility, ectopic pregnancy, and chronic pelvic pain) are the leading cause of non-HIV sexually transmitted disease morbidity in the United States...