Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Harvard University
- What is this thing called pain?Clifford J Woolf
Department of Neurology, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 120:3742-4. 2010....
- Activity-dependent silencing reveals functionally distinct itch-generating sensory neuronsDavid P Roberson
FM Kirby Neurobiology Center and Department of Neurology, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Neurosci 16:910-8. 2013....
- Bacteria activate sensory neurons that modulate pain and inflammationIsaac M Chiu
Kirby Neurobiology Center, Boston Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 501:52-7. 2013..Thus, bacterial pathogens produce pain by directly activating sensory neurons that modulate inflammation, an unsuspected role for the nervous system in host-pathogen interactions. ..
- Soluble epoxide hydrolase limits mechanical hyperalgesia during inflammationChristian Brenneis
Pharmazentrum frankfurt ZAFES, Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Mol Pain 7:78. 2011..Three of the EETs (i.e., 8,9-, 11,12- and 14,15-EET) are rapidly hydrolysed by the enzyme soluble epoxide hydrolase (sEH). Here, we investigated the role of sEH in nociceptive processing during peripheral inflammation...
- Overcoming obstacles to developing new analgesicsClifford J Woolf
Neurobiology Center and Program in Neurobiology, Department of Neurology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Med 16:1241-7. 2010..Nevertheless, the chances of success could increase if analgesic drug development strategy changed. To achieve such a paradigm shift we must understand why development of drugs for pain relief is so challenging...
- Central sensitization: implications for the diagnosis and treatment of painClifford J Woolf
FM Kirby Neurobiology Center, Children s Hospital Boston, Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Pain 152:S2-15. 2011....
- SEMAPHORIN ACTIVATION AND ROLE IN NEURONAL REGENERATIONCLIFFORD WOOLF; Fiscal Year: 2004..This work will improve our understanding of the structure function relationship of the secreted semaphorins. This work should also advance our knowledge of the response to injury in the adult central nervous system. ..
- Neural Plasticity and Inflammatory PainClifford J Woolf; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding the molecular mechanisms involved will help reveal targets for developing novel analgesics. ..
- Microglia, Complement, and PainClifford J Woolf; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will use this information to devise and test novel treatment strategies for somatic and facial neuropathic pain based either on blocking complement gene induction in microglia or complement cascade activation in the nervous system. ..