TSUNG UNG WOO
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Glutamatergic deficits and parvalbumin-containing inhibitory neurons in the prefrontal cortex in schizophreniaB K Y Bitanihirwe
McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA, USA
BMC Psychiatry 9:71. 2009....
- Targeting synapses and myelin in the prevention of schizophreniaT U W Woo
Massachusetts Mental Health Center, Boston, MA 02115, United States
Schizophr Res 73:193-207. 2005..Thus, better understanding of the cellular and molecular mechanisms that mediate these processes will provide truly novel insight into the therapeutics and prevention of schizophrenia...
- Disease-specific alterations in glutamatergic neurotransmission on inhibitory interneurons in the prefrontal cortex in schizophreniaTsung Ung W Woo
Laboratory for Structural and Molecular Neuroscience, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Brain Res 1218:267-77. 2008..These findings raise the possibility that glutamatergic innervation of inhibitory interneurons via the NMDA receptor in the prefrontal cortex may be selectively altered in schizophrenia...
- N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor and calbindin-containing neurons in the anterior cingulate cortex in schizophrenia and bipolar disorderTsung Ung W Woo
Program in Structural and Molecular Neuroscience, McLean Hospital, Belmont, Massachusetts 02478, USA mail
Biol Psychiatry 64:803-9. 2008..In this study, we hypothesized that the subset of GABA interneurons that contained the calcium-binding protein calbindin (CB), by virtue of their preferential localization to layer 2, might be particularly affected...
- Density of glutamic acid decarboxylase 67 messenger RNA-containing neurons that express the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit NR2A in the anterior cingulate cortex in schizophrenia and bipolar disorderTsung-Ung W Woo
Program in Structural and Molecular Neuroscience, McLean Hospital, Belmont, and Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 61:649-57. 2004..Future studies will address whether subpopulations of these neurons may be differentially affected in the 2 conditions...
- Differential alterations of kainate receptor subunits in inhibitory interneurons in the anterior cingulate cortex in schizophrenia and bipolar disorderTsung Ung W Woo
Program in Structural and Molecular Neuroscience, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Schizophr Res 96:46-61. 2007....
- Parvalbumin-Containing Neurons in SchizophreniaTSUNG UNG WOO; Fiscal Year: 2006..Together, these experiments may provide conceptually novel insight into how neurocognitive deficits of SCZ could potentially be corrected by re-calibration of PV neuronal activities. ..
- Parvalbumin-Containing Neurons in SchizophreniaTsung Ung W Woo; Fiscal Year: 2010..Findings of the proposed studies are expected to shed light on the conceptualization of treatment and prevention strategies that aim at fundamentally correcting the underlying neural circuit deficits. ..