Tsung Ung W Woo
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Gamma oscillation deficits and the onset and early progression of schizophreniaTsung Ung W Woo
Harvard Medical School, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Harv Rev Psychiatry 18:173-89. 2010....
- N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor expression in parvalbumin-containing inhibitory neurons in the prefrontal cortex in bipolar disorderByron Ky Bitanihirwe
Program for Cellular Neuropathology, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Bipolar Disord 12:95-101. 2010....
- N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor and calbindin-containing neurons in the anterior cingulate cortex in schizophrenia and bipolar disorderTsung Ung W Woo
Program in Structural and Molecular Neuroscience, McLean Hospital, Belmont, Massachusetts 02478, USA mail
Biol Psychiatry 64:803-9. 2008..In this study, we hypothesized that the subset of GABA interneurons that contained the calcium-binding protein calbindin (CB), by virtue of their preferential localization to layer 2, might be particularly affected...
- Extracellular matrix-glial abnormalities in the amygdala and entorhinal cortex of subjects diagnosed with schizophreniaHarry Pantazopoulos
Translational Neuroscience Laboratory, McLean Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Belmont, Massachusetts, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 67:155-66. 2010....
- Developmental pattern of perineuronal nets in the human prefrontal cortex and their deficit in schizophreniaSarah A Mauney
Laboratory of Cellular Neuropathology, McLean Hospital, Belmont
Biol Psychiatry 74:427-35. 2013..They regulate the postnatal experience-dependent maturation of brain circuits and maintain their functional integrity in the mature brain by stabilizing their synaptic architecture...
- Neuronal type-specific gene expression profiling and laser-capture microdissectionCharmaine Y Pietersen
Laboratory of Cellular Neuropathology, Department of Psychiatry, McLean Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Belmont, MA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 755:327-43. 2011....
- Differential alterations of kainate receptor subunits in inhibitory interneurons in the anterior cingulate cortex in schizophrenia and bipolar disorderTsung Ung W Woo
Program in Structural and Molecular Neuroscience, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Schizophr Res 96:46-61. 2007....
- Converging miRNA functions in diverse brain disorders: a case for miR-124 and miR-126Kai C Sonntag
Department of Psychiatry, Mailman Research Center, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Exp Neurol 235:427-35. 2012..Here, we review this concept for two miRNAs highly abundant in the brain, miR-124 and miR-126, and their potential role in diseases of the brain...
- Disease-specific alterations in glutamatergic neurotransmission on inhibitory interneurons in the prefrontal cortex in schizophreniaTsung Ung W Woo
Laboratory for Structural and Molecular Neuroscience, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Brain Res 1218:267-77. 2008..These findings raise the possibility that glutamatergic innervation of inhibitory interneurons via the NMDA receptor in the prefrontal cortex may be selectively altered in schizophrenia...