James D Wines
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Suicidal behavior, drug use and depressive symptoms after detoxification: a 2-year prospective studyJames D Wines
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Research Center ADARC, McLean Hospital Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02478, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 76:S21-9. 2004..Individuals with substance-related disorders are at increased risk for suicidal behavior. Identifying those at higher risk for suicide among this population is difficult and informed mainly on the basis of cross-sectional data...
- Overdose after detoxification: a prospective studyJames D Wines
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Research Center ADARC, McLean Hospital, 115 Mill Street, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 89:161-9. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine predictors of non-fatal overdose (OD) among a cohort of 470 adults after detoxification from heroin, cocaine or alcohol...
- Impact of Internet pharmacy regulation on opioid analgesic availabilityEdward W Boyer
Division of Medical Toxicology, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 69:703-8. 2008..As part of an ongoing investigation into the relationship between the Internet and substance abuse, we examined the availability of prescription opioid analgesics from online pharmacies...
- Brain alcohol detectability in human subjects with and without a paternal history of alcoholismTak Ming Chiu
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Research Center, McLean Hospital Harvard Medical School, 115 Mill Street, Belmont, Massachusetts 02478, USA
J Stud Alcohol 65:16-21. 2004..This study examined the putative effects of a paternal history of alcoholism on the apparent detectability of brain alcohol in human subjects...
- Overview of workshop on drug abuse and suicidal behaviorLynda Erinoff
Drug Alcohol Depend 76:S3-9. 2004
- Mortality after release from prisonJames D Wines
N Engl J Med 356:1785-6; author reply 1786-7. 2007
- Transitions to, and correlates of, suicidal ideation, plans, and unplanned and planned suicide attempts among 3,729 men and women with alcohol dependenceKenneth R Conner
Center for the Study and Prevention of Suicide and the Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, 300 Crittenden Boulevard, Rochester, New York 14620, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 68:654-62. 2007....