Andrew P Wilper
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Health insurance and mortality in US adultsAndrew P Wilper
Department of Medicine, Cambridge Health Alliance, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, MA, USA
Am J Public Health 99:2289-95. 2009..A 1993 study found a 25% higher risk of death among uninsured compared with privately insured adults. We analyzed the relationship between uninsurance and death with more recent data...
- Waits to see an emergency department physician: U.S. trends and predictors, 1997-2004Andrew P Wilper
Harvard Medical School affiliated with the Cambridge Health Alliance, in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 27:w84-95. 2008..2 percent per year. Blacks, Hispanics, women, and patients seen in urban EDs waited longer than other patients did...
- A national study of chronic disease prevalence and access to care in uninsured U.S. adultsAndrew P Wilper
Cambridge Health Alliance Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Ann Intern Med 149:170-6. 2008..No recent national studies have assessed chronic illness prevalence or access to care among persons without insurance in the United States...
- The health and health care of US prisoners: results of a nationwide surveyAndrew P Wilper
Departmentof Medicine, Cambridge Health Alliance, Cambridge, USA
Am J Public Health 99:666-72. 2009..We analyzed the prevalence of chronic illnesses, including mental illness, and access to health care among US inmates...
- Undiagnosed and uncontrolled hypertension and hyperlipidemia among immigrants in the USLeah Zallman
Department of Medicine, Cambridge Health Alliance, and Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 15:858-65. 2013..24, 95 % CI 0.99-1.56, p = 0.057). Having insurance was associated with a 5-15 % decrease in FB-US born disparities. Immigrants are at increased risk of undiagnosed and uncontrolled hypertension and hyperlipidemia...