Andrew P Wilper
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Health insurance and mortality in US adultsAndrew P Wilper
Department of Medicine, Cambridge Health Alliance, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, MA, USA
Am J Public Health 99:2289-95. 2009..A 1993 study found a 25% higher risk of death among uninsured compared with privately insured adults. We analyzed the relationship between uninsurance and death with more recent data...
- Waits to see an emergency department physician: U.S. trends and predictors, 1997-2004Andrew P Wilper
Harvard Medical School affiliated with the Cambridge Health Alliance, in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 27:w84-95. 2008..2 percent per year. Blacks, Hispanics, women, and patients seen in urban EDs waited longer than other patients did...
- A national study of chronic disease prevalence and access to care in uninsured U.S. adultsAndrew P Wilper
Cambridge Health Alliance Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Ann Intern Med 149:170-6. 2008..No recent national studies have assessed chronic illness prevalence or access to care among persons without insurance in the United States...
- The health and health care of US prisoners: results of a nationwide surveyAndrew P Wilper
Departmentof Medicine, Cambridge Health Alliance, Cambridge, USA
Am J Public Health 99:666-72. 2009..We analyzed the prevalence of chronic illnesses, including mental illness, and access to health care among US inmates...
- Undiagnosed and Uncontrolled Hypertension and Hyperlipidemia among Immigrants in the USLeah Zallman
Department of Medicine, Cambridge Health Alliance, and Harvard Medical School, 1493 Cambridge Street, Macht 4th Floor, Cambridge, MA, 02139, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 15:858-65. 2013..24, 95 % CI 0.99-1.56, p = 0.057). Having insurance was associated with a 5-15 % decrease in FB-US born disparities. Immigrants are at increased risk of undiagnosed and uncontrolled hypertension and hyperlipidemia. ..