Rebecca Erwin Wells
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Complementary and alternative medicine use among US adults with common neurological conditionsRebecca Erwin Wells
Division for Research and Education in Complementary and Integrative Medical Therapies, Osher Research Center, Harvard Medical School, Landmark Center, Suite 22A West, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Neurol 257:1822-31. 2010..CAM is used more frequently among adults with common neurological conditions than those without. More research on the efficacy of CAM use for common neurological conditions is warranted...
- Neuropsychiatric symptoms and the use of mind-body therapiesMaulik P Purohit
Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Network, 125 Nashua St, 720, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 74:e520-6. 2013..However, these symptoms are difficult to treat with standard treatments, and patients may seek alternative options. In this study, we examined the use of mind-body therapies by adults with neuropsychiatric symptoms...
- Neuropsychiatric symptoms and the use of complementary and alternative medicineMaulik P Purohit
Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 125 Nashua St, 720, Boston, MA 02114, USA
PM R 5:24-31. 2013..Additional objectives include identifying patterns of CAM use, reasons for use, and disclosure of use with conventional providers in U.S. adults with neuropsychiatric symptoms...
- Use of relaxation techniques and complementary and alternative medicine by American adults with insomnia symptoms: results from a national surveySuzanne M Bertisch
Division of General Medicine and Primary Care, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Brookline, MA 02446, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 8:681-91. 2012..We sought to elucidate the patterns and reasons for use of relaxation techniques and CAM use by adults with insomnia symptoms...
- Meditation's impact on default mode network and hippocampus in mild cognitive impairment: a pilot studyRebecca Erwin Wells
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center BIDMC, Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA Electronic address
Neurosci Lett 556:15-9. 2013..Further research with larger sample sizes and longer-follow-up are needed to further investigate the results from this pilot study. ..
- Complementary and alternative medicine use among adults with migraines/severe headachesRebecca Erwin Wells
Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Headache 51:1087-97. 2011..Our objective was to determine patterns, reasons for, and correlates of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) use by US adults with migraines/severe headaches...