Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Huang L, Zhao J, Chen H, Wan L, Inuzuka H, Guo J, et al. SCFFBW7-mediated degradation of Brg1 suppresses gastric cancer metastasis. Nat Commun. 2018;9:3569 pubmed publisher..Hence, this previously unknown FBW7/Brg1 signaling axis provides the molecular basis and the rationale to target Brg1 in FBW7-compromised human gastric cancers. ..
- Su J, Yin X, Zhou X, Wei W, Wang Z. The functions of F-box proteins in regulating the epithelial to mesenchymal transition. Curr Pharm Des. 2015;21:1311-7 pubmed..Therefore, targeting these F-box proteins could be useful for treating human cancers. ..
- Wang L, Zhang J, Wan L, Zhou X, Wang Z, Wei W. Targeting Cdc20 as a novel cancer therapeutic strategy. Pharmacol Ther. 2015;151:141-51 pubmed publisher..Taken together, development of specific Cdc20 inhibitors could be a novel strategy for the treatment of human cancers with elevated Cdc20 expression. ..
- Zheng N, Wang Z, Wei W. Ubiquitination-mediated degradation of cell cycle-related proteins by F-box proteins. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2016;73:99-110 pubmed publisher..We conclude that inhibitors of F-box proteins could have promising therapeutic potentials in part through controlling of aberrant cell cycle progression for cancer therapies. ..
- Shimizu K, Nihira N, Inuzuka H, Wei W. Physiological functions of FBW7 in cancer and metabolism. Cell Signal. 2018;46:15-22 pubmed publisher..Here we mainly focus on recent findings that highlight a critical role for FBW7 in cancer and metabolism. ..
- Guo J, Chakraborty A, Liu P, Gan W, Zheng X, Inuzuka H, et al. pVHL suppresses kinase activity of Akt in a proline-hydroxylation-dependent manner. Science. 2016;353:929-32 pubmed publisher..Our results show that microenvironmental changes, such as hypoxia, can affect tumor behaviors by altering Akt activation, which has a critical role in tumor growth and therapeutic resistance. ..
- Zheng N, Zhou Q, Wang Z, Wei W. Recent advances in SCF ubiquitin ligase complex: Clinical implications. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1866:12-22 pubmed publisher..Lastly, we suggest that targeting F-box proteins could possibly open new avenues for the treatment and prevention of human cancers. ..
- Zurlo G, Guo J, Takada M, Wei W, Zhang Q. New Insights into Protein Hydroxylation and Its Important Role in Human Diseases. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1866:208-220 pubmed publisher..Better understanding of protein hydroxylation will help identify novel therapeutic targets and their regulation mechanisms to foster development of more effective treatment strategies for various human cancers. ..
- Zhang J, Wan L, Dai X, Sun Y, Wei W. Functional characterization of Anaphase Promoting Complex/Cyclosome (APC/C) E3 ubiquitin ligases in tumorigenesis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1845:277-93 pubmed publisher..Finally, we discuss future research directions to further elucidate the physiological contributions of APC/C components during tumorigenesis and validate their potentials as a novel class of anti-cancer targets. ..
- Wang D, Ma L, Wang B, Liu J, Wei W. E3 ubiquitin ligases in cancer and implications for therapies. Cancer Metastasis Rev. 2017;36:683-702 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss the important roles of E3 ligases involved in cancer as well as available bioactive compounds targeting various E3 ligases for potential anticancer activity. ..
- Wan L, Xu K, Wei Y, Zhang J, Han T, Fry C, et al. Phosphorylation of EZH2 by AMPK Suppresses PRC2 Methyltransferase Activity and Oncogenic Function. Mol Cell. 2018;69:279-291.e5 pubmed publisher..Our finding suggests that AMPK agonists might be promising sensitizers for EZH2-targeting cancer therapies. ..
- Liu P, Gan W, Guo C, Xie A, Gao D, Guo J, et al. Akt-mediated phosphorylation of XLF impairs non-homologous end-joining DNA repair. Mol Cell. 2015;57:648-61 pubmed publisher..Together, our results reveal a pivotal role for Akt in suppressing NHEJ and highlight the tight connection between aberrant Akt hyper-activation and deficiency in timely DSB repair, leading to genomic instability and tumorigenesis. ..
- Gan W, Dai X, Lunardi A, Li Z, Inuzuka H, Liu P, et al. SPOP Promotes Ubiquitination and Degradation of the ERG Oncoprotein to Suppress Prostate Cancer Progression. Mol Cell. 2015;59:917-30 pubmed publisher..Therefore, SPOP functions as a tumor suppressor to negatively regulate the stability of the ERG oncoprotein in prostate cancer. ..