Harris H Wang
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Genome-scale promoter engineering by coselection MAGEHarris H Wang
Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering, Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Methods 9:591-3. 2012..Promoter libraries can be quickly generated to study gain-of-function epistatic interactions in gene networks...
- Improving lambda red genome engineering in Escherichia coli via rational removal of endogenous nucleasesJoshua A Mosberg
Program in Chemical Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e44638. 2012..The results described in this work provide further mechanistic insight into recombineering, and substantially improve recombineering performance...
- Precise manipulation of chromosomes in vivo enables genome-wide codon replacementFarren J Isaacs
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 333:348-53. 2011..Our methods treat the chromosome as both an editable and an evolvable template, permitting the exploration of vast genetic landscapes...
- Modified bases enable high-efficiency oligonucleotide-mediated allelic replacement via mismatch repair evasionHarris H Wang
Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering, Harvard University, Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Harvard University, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 39:7336-47. 2011..These results further elucidate the mechanism of oligo-mediated allelic replacement (OMAR) and enable improved methodologies for efficient, large-scale engineering of genomes...
- Synthetic genomes for synthetic biologyHarris H Wang
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Mol Cell Biol 2:178-9. 2010..This achievement marks a new frontier in synthetic biology to design and create genomes for organisms with few genetic tools and for applications in areas of energy, health care and the environment...
- Multiplexed genome engineering and genotyping methods applications for synthetic biology and metabolic engineeringHarris H Wang
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Methods Enzymol 498:409-26. 2011..Here, we discuss ways to utilize these multiplexed genome engineering methods, with special emphasis on experimental design and implementation...
- Genome-scale engineering for systems and synthetic biologyKevin M Esvelt
Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering, Harvard University, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Syst Biol 9:641. 2013....
- Programming cells by multiplex genome engineering and accelerated evolutionHarris H Wang
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 460:894-8. 2009..Our multiplex approach embraces engineering in the context of evolution by expediting the design and evolution of organisms with new and improved properties...