Affiliation: Harvard University
- Telomere length and risk of Parkinson's diseaseHao Wang
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mov Disord 23:302-5. 2008..the highest quartile 0.33; 95% confidence interval: 0.12-0.90). Our results suggest that, contrary to telomere attrition observed in several aging-related diseases, shorter telomeres are not associated with an increased risk of PD...
- Restless legs syndrome and Parkinson's disease in menXiang Gao
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Mov Disord 25:2654-7. 2010..In conclusion, men with RLS are more likely to have concurrent PD. Prospective studies are warranted to clarify the temporal relationship between RLS and PD...
- Vitamin E intake and risk of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: a pooled analysis of data from 5 prospective cohort studiesHao Wang
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Am J Epidemiol 173:595-602. 2011..002) but not in men (P-trend=0.71). In this large, pooled prospective study, long-term vitamin E supplement use was associated with lower ALS rates. A possible protective effect of vitamin E deserves further consideration...
- Restless legs syndrome and erectile dysfunctionXiang Gao
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Sleep 33:75-9. 2010..Dopaminergic hypofunction in the central nervous system may contribute to restless legs syndrome (RLS) and erectile dysfunction (ED). We therefore examined whether men with RLS have higher prevalences of ED...
- Early bone apposition in vivo on plasma-sprayed and electrochemically deposited hydroxyapatite coatings on titanium alloyHao Wang
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, and Tissue Engineering, VA Boston Healthcare System, MA 02139, USA
Biomaterials 27:4192-203. 2006....
- Obesity and restless legs syndrome in men and womenXiang Gao
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Neurology 72:1255-61. 2009..We therefore examined whether individuals who are obese have an increased risk of RLS in two ongoing US cohorts, the Nurses' Health Study II and the Health Professional Follow-up Study...
- Smoking and risk of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: a pooled analysis of 5 prospective cohortsHao Wang
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, 665 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Arch Neurol 68:207-13. 2011..Cigarette smoking has been proposed as a risk factor for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), but epidemiological studies supporting this hypothesis have been small and mostly retrospective...
- Notch3 in human breast cancer cell lines regulates osteoblast-cancer cell interactions and osteolytic bone metastasisZhiyuan Zhang
Department Orthopaedic Surgery, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Pathol 177:1459-69. 2010..Taken together, our results suggest that enhanced Notch3 expression in breast cancer cells, triggered by osteoblasts and their secretion of TGFbeta1 in the bone marrow niche, may stand as a novel mechanism for promoting bone metastasis...
- Enhanced left atrial reservoir, increased conduit, and weakened booster pump function in hypertensive patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillationQiqiong Cui
Department of Echocardiography, FuWai Cardiovascular Hospital and Cardiovascular Institute, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, PR China
Hypertens Res 31:395-400. 2008..The enhancement of LA reservoir function may be related to the frequency and total number of PAF episodes, and the increased LA conduit function may be related to the LA total emptying volume and frequency of PAF episodes...
- Association of bone morphogenetic protein-2 gene polymorphisms with susceptibility to ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament of the spine and its severity in Chinese patientsHao Wang
Beijing Tiantan Hospital, Capital Medical University CMU, Beijing, 100050, China
Eur Spine J 17:956-64. 2008....
- RNA interference mediated silencing of alpha-synuclein in MN9D cells and its effects on cell viabilityDong mei Liu
Beijing Institute for Neuroscience, Capital Medical University, Beijing Center of Neural Regeneration and Repair, Key Laboratory for Neurodegenerative Disease of the Ministry of Education, Beijing 100069, China
Neurosci Bull 24:96-104. 2008..To silence the expression of alpha-synuclein in MN9D dopaminergic cells using vector mediated RNA interference (RNAi) and examined its effects on cell proliferation and viability...
- Lateral packing of mineral crystals in bone collagen fibrilsChristian Burger
Department of Chemistry, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York, USA
Biophys J 95:1985-92. 2008..The two-dimensional analytical scheme also leads to quantitative information about the preferred orientation of mineral stacks and the average height of crystals along the crystallographic c axis...
- Assessment of atrial electromechanical coupling and influential factors in nonrheumatic paroxysmal atrial fibrillationQi Qiong Cui
Department of Echocardiography, FuWai Cardiovascular Hospital and Cardiovascular Institute, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, 167 Beilishi Road, Beijing, China
Clin Cardiol 31:74-8. 2008..Sequential analysis of atrial electromechanical coupling (P-A) by Doppler tissue imaging (DTI) might provide important insight into the mechanisms of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation (PAF)...
- Cathepsin D is secreted from M-BE cells: its potential role as a biomarker of lung cancerXiaomin Lou
Division of Proteomics, Beijing Genomics Institute, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 101318, P R China
J Proteome Res 6:1083-92. 2007..001). The present study has revealed that M-BE cells at different passages could secrete or release some proteins into the living environment, which might serve as the potential resource for exploring the biomarkers of lung cancer...
- Identification and characterization of 4-methylbenzyl 4-[(pyrimidin-2-ylamino)methyl]piperidine-1-carboxylate, an orally bioavailable, brain penetrant NR2B selective N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor antagonistNigel J Liverton
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
J Med Chem 50:807-19. 2007..Compound 20j demonstrated efficacy in in vivo rodent models of antinociception, allodynia, and Parkinson's disease...
- Atopic diseases, immunoglobulin E and risk of cancer of the prostate, breast, lung and colorectumHao Wang
Department of Clinical Social Medicine, University of Heidelberg, and Unit of Health Monitoring, Saarland Cancer Registry, , Germany
Int J Cancer 119:695-701. 2006..The effect on cancer risk by atopy, defined by IgE reactivity, may differ from the effect by atopy-related clinically defined diseases such as asthma, hay fever and atopic dermatitis...
- Placental expression of enzymes regulating prostaglandin synthesis and degradationEmmet Hirsch
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, IL, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 192:1836-42; discussion 1842-3. 2005..Thus, expression of placental COX-1 is not constitutive. Placental expression of COX-2 and PGDH do not correlate with gestational age, chorioamnionitis, or oxytocin use...
- A search for CDKN2A/p16INK4a mutations in melanocytic nevi from patients with melanoma and spouse controls by use of laser-captured microdissectionHao Wang
Department of Medicine, Division of Dermatology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Arch Dermatol 141:177-80. 2005..To determine the frequency at which the CDKN2A coding region is mutated in the atypical nevi of persons with sporadic melanoma...
- Quantitation of osteoblast-like cell mineralization on tissue culture polystyrene and Ti-6Al-4V alloy disks by Tc-99m-MDP labeling and imaging in vitroHao Wang
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Bone 36:84-92. 2005..The results warrant implementation of this scintigraphic method for quantitative studies of osteoblast-mediated mineralization in vitro...
- [Component analysis of bone matrix via cell extraction]Hao Wang
Department of Tissue Engineering, China Medical University, Shenyang, Liaoning, P. R. China 110001
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 17:422-4. 2003..CONCLUSION: This method for preparation of bone acellular extra-cell matrix is effective, and it can keep natural structure of collagen fibers and maintain components of ECM, such as proteoglycan, FN and LN...
- Functional and pharmacological properties of canine ERG potassium channelsJixin Wang
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 284:H256-67. 2003..A novel MK-499 binding assay provides a new tool to detect agents affecting ERG channels...