Erin J Wamsley
Affiliation: Harvard University
- The expression of trace conditioning during non-REM sleep and its relation to subjective experienceErin J Wamsley
City College of New York, Department of Psychology, USA
Neurobiol Learn Mem 92:283-91. 2009....
- Cognitive replay of visuomotor learning at sleep onset: temporal dynamics and relationship to task performanceErin J Wamsley
The Center for Sleep and Cognition, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Harvard Medical School Department of Psychiatry, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Sleep 33:59-68. 2010..Here, we examine whether memory reactivation in sleeping humans might also be evident within reports of concomitant subjective experience (i.e., dreaming)...
- A brief nap is beneficial for human route-learning: The role of navigation experience and EEG spectral powerErin J Wamsley
Center for Sleep and Cognition, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Learn Mem 17:332-6. 2010..Complementing observations that learning-related brain activity is reiterated during post-navigation NREM sleep in rodents, the present data demonstrate that NREM sleep confers a performance advantage for spatial memory in humans...
- The effects of eszopiclone on sleep spindles and memory consolidation in schizophrenia: a randomized placebo-controlled trialErin J Wamsley
Department of Psychiatry, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Sleep 36:1369-76. 2013..We investigated whether eszopiclone could increase spindles and thereby improve memory consolidation in schizophrenia...
- The role of sleep in false memory formationJessica D Payne
Center for Sleep and Cognition, Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Neurobiol Learn Mem 92:327-34. 2009..While these effects produce memories that are less accurate after sleep, these memories may, in the end, be more useful...
- Reduced sleep spindles and spindle coherence in schizophrenia: mechanisms of impaired memory consolidation?Erin J Wamsley
Department of Psychiatry, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, USA
Biol Psychiatry 71:154-61. 2012..Patients with schizophrenia show dramatic reductions of both spindles and sleep-dependent memory consolidation, which may be causally related...
- Dreaming of a learning task is associated with enhanced sleep-dependent memory consolidationErin J Wamsley
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Department of Psychiatry, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Curr Biol 20:850-5. 2010..That similar effects were not observed during wakefulness suggests that these mnemonic processes are specific to the sleep state...
- Dreaming and offline memory processingErin J Wamsley
Harvard Medical School Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry, 330 Brookline Avenue, E FD861, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Curr Biol 20:R1010-3. 2010....
- Negative reinforcement impairs overnight memory consolidationAndrew W Stamm
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Learn Mem 21:591-6. 2014..Given that the reward followed a negative reinforcement paradigm, consolidation may have been impaired via a stress-related mechanism. ..