Affiliation: Harvard University
- Effects of protease inhibitors on hyperglycemia, hyperlipidemia, and lipodystrophy: a 5-year cohort studyS Tsiodras
Division of Infectious Diseases, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, West Campus, One Autumn Street, Kennedy Bldg, Sixth Floor, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Arch Intern Med 160:2050-6. 2000..However, since data from patients studied before and after initiation of protease inhibitor (PI) therapy are scant, the true effect of PIs on these metabolic changes remains unknown...
- Diversity of domain V of 23S rRNA gene sequence in different Enterococcus speciesS Tsiodras
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Clin Microbiol 38:3991-3. 2000..malodoratus by 2 bases. E. avium differed from E. raffinosus by one base. Despite the fact that domain V is considered to be highly conserved, substantial differences were identified between several enterococcal species...
- Uterine sarcoidosis potentially associated with interferon-alpha use for chronic hepatitis C infectionSotirios Tsiodras
Henry Dunant Hospital, Athens, Greece
Obstet Gynecol 105:1198-201. 2005..A regimen including interferon-alpha has become the standard of care in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C over the last decade. One rare adverse effect associated with the use of interferon-alpha is a granulomatous pulmonary reaction...
- Fluoroquinolone treatment of chronic bacterial prostatitis: a prospective cohort studyP Panagopoulos
4th Department of Internal Medicine, University General Hospital Attikon, Athens, Greece
J Chemother 21:317-21. 2009..1%) were the most frequently implicated pathogens and ciprofloxacin the most commonly prescribed antimicrobial. A 12-month follow-up was completed in 87% of the pts and 35.3% relapsed a mean of 4.75 months after the initial treatment...
- Risk-factors and predictors of mortality in patients colonised with vancomycin-resistant enterococciV Sakka
4th Department of Internal Medicine, University of Athens Medical School, Uniersity General Hospital Attikon, Athens, Greece
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:14-21. 2008..Promptly implemented infection control strategies targeting these groups should help to combat the rising incidence of VRE...
- Hypertension and paroxysmal atrial fibrillation: a novel predictive role of high sensitivity C-reactive protein in cardioversion and long-term recurrenceI Rizos
Second Department of Cardiology, University of Athens Medical School, Attikon University Hospital, Athens, Greece
J Hum Hypertens 24:447-57. 2010..27 mg l(-1) (hazard ratio: 6.2, 95% CI: 2.2-17.6, P=0.001). hsCRP at 48 h after admission correlates with cardioversion outcome and may predict long-term AF recurrence...
- Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada disease associated with interferon-A and ribavirin therapy for chronic hepatitis C infectionKonstantinos Papastathopoulos
Medical Retina Unit, First Department of Ophthalmology, Henry Dunant Hospital, 107 Mesogion Avenue, 11526 Athens, Greece
J Infect 52:e59-61. 2006..Physicians should be aware of the association between interferon-alpha and ribavirin use for hepatitis C infection and the development of Harada's disease. Close monitoring of such patients for ocular side effects is necessary...