Peter V Tishler
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Incidence of sleep-disordered breathing in an urban adult population: the relative importance of risk factors in the development of sleep-disordered breathingPeter V Tishler
Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare System and Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
JAMA 289:2230-7. 2003..Sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) is both prevalent and associated with serious chronic illness. The incidence of SDB and the effect of risk factors on this incidence are unknown...
- Can comparison of MZ- and DZ-twin concordance rates be used invariably to estimate heritability?Peter V Tishler
Genetics Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Twin Res Hum Genet 10:712-7. 2007..For subjective traits, heritability estimates may be influenced by these unequal environmental factors that differentially affect their development and characteristics in MZ and DZ twins...
- Soma Weiss, Alfred S. Reinhart, and the care of the patientPeter V Tishler
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Channing Laboratory, Genetics Division, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Perspect Biol Med 53:75-86. 2010..In the tradition of Francis Weld Peabody, Weiss used Reinhart's memoir to emphasize the importance of listening to patients, of projecting sympathy, and of understanding and responding to their psychological needs...
- A whole-genome scan for obstructive sleep apnea and obesityLyle J Palmer
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Hum Genet 72:340-50. 2003....
- The role of genotype in determining the effects of cigarette smoking on pulmonary functionPeter V Tishler
VA Boston Healthcare System and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02132, USA
Genet Epidemiol 22:272-82. 2002..We conclude that a constant factor, such as genotype, appears to be interposed between the environmental toxin (cigarette smoke) and phenotype (FEV1)...
- Predictors of longitudinal change in sleep-disordered breathing in a nonclinic populationSusan Redline
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Clinical Epidemiology, Case Western Reserve University, Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 6003, USA
Sleep 26:703-9. 2003..To quantify and identify the determinants of the 5-year change in the respiratory disturbance index (RDI)...
- Whole genome scan for obstructive sleep apnea and obesity in African-American familiesLyle J Palmer
Western Australian Institute for Medical Research, Centre for Medical Research, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 169:1314-21. 2004..Our results suggest that there are both shared and unshared genetic factors underlying susceptibility to OSA and obesity, and that the genetic determinants of obesity in this population may be modulated by apnea severity...
- Genetics of the apnea hypopnea index in Caucasians and African Americans: I. Segregation analysisSarah G Buxbaum
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44109 1998, USA
Genet Epidemiol 22:243-53. 2002..14, accounting for 35% of the total variance. These results provide support for an underlying genetic basis for OSA that in African Americans is independent of the contribution of BMI...