Claudio R Thoma
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Mechanisms of aneuploidy and its suppression by tumour suppressor proteinsClaudio R Thoma
Institute of Cell Biology, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 141:w13170. 2011..The prospects that these findings offer for understanding the role of aneuploidy in cancer are discussed in this review...
- Genetic deletion of the long isoform of the von Hippel-Lindau tumour suppressor gene product alters microtubule dynamicsIan J Frew
Institute of Molecular Health Sciences, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Eur J Cancer 49:2433-40. 2013..We conclude that the microtubule-regulating function and the HIFα-regulating function of pVHL are separable activities mediated by different protein isoforms...
- miR-28-5p promotes chromosomal instability in VHL-associated cancers by inhibiting Mad2 translationMichael P Hell
Authors Affiliations Institute of Molecular Health Sciences and Rodent Center HCI, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Cancer Res 74:2432-43. 2014..By identifying a potential mediator of chromosomal instability in VHL-associated cancers, our work also suggests a novel microRNA-based therapeutic strategy to target aneuploid cells in VHL-associated cancers...
- VHL loss causes spindle misorientation and chromosome instabilityClaudio R Thoma
Institute of Cell Biology, ETH Zurich, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Nat Cell Biol 11:994-1001. 2009....
- Quantitative image analysis identifies pVHL as a key regulator of microtubule dynamic instabilityClaudio R Thoma
Institute of Cell Biology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH Zurich, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Cell Biol 190:991-1003. 2010..Thus, single cell-level analysis of pVHL MT regulatory function allows new predictions for genotype to phenotype associations that deviate from the coarser clinically defined mutant classifications...
- A high-throughput-compatible 3D microtissue co-culture system for phenotypic RNAi screening applicationsClaudio R Thoma
1Institute of Molecular Health Sciences, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Biomol Screen 18:1330-7. 2013..Moreover, they denote that the high-throughput-compatible, hanging drop technology-based 3D co-culture model will enable the discovery, characterization, and validation of gene functions in key biological and pathological processes. ..