RAVI I THADHANI
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Activated vitamin D sterols in kidney diseaseRavi Thadhani
Renal Unit and Center for D-Receptor Activation Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Lancet 371:542-4. 2008
- Design and implementation of the Canadian Kidney Disease Cohort Study (CKDCS): A prospective observational study of incident hemodialysis patientsAminu K Bello
Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
BMC Nephrol 12:10. 2011..This study focuses on delineating potentially reversible determinants of adverse outcomes that occur in patients receiving dialysis for end-stage renal disease (ESRD)...
- Targeted ablation of the vitamin D 1alpha-hydroxylase gene: getting to the heart of the matterRavi Thadhani
Renal Unit and the Center for D Receptor Activation Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Kidney Int 74:141-3. 2008..In a study by Zhou et al., ablation of the 1alpha-hydroxylase gene led to hypertension, cardiac hypertrophy, and systolic dysfunction, and this cardiac phenotype was rescued with exogenous 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D administration...
- Vitamin D and hypertension: an update and reviewHector Tamez
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 21:492-9. 2012..Vitamin D deficiency and hypertension are highly prevalent. This review will discuss the association between vitamin D deficiency and blood pressure...
- Bioavailable vitamin D is more tightly linked to mineral metabolism than total vitamin D in incident hemodialysis patientsIshir Bhan
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Kidney Int 82:84-9. 2012..Hence, bioavailable vitamin D levels are better correlated with measures of mineral metabolism than total levels in patients on hemodialysis...
- Plasma concentrations of soluble endoglin versus standard evaluation in patients with suspected preeclampsiaSarosh Rana
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e48259. 2012....
- Genetic variation in APOL1 associates with younger age at hemodialysis initiationZahra Kanji
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 22:2091-7. 2011..In conclusion, genetic variations in APOL1 identify African Americans that initiate chronic hemodialysis at a younger age. Early interventions to prevent progression of kidney disease may benefit this high-risk population...
- Hypertension during pregnancy: a disorder begging for pathophysiological supportRAVI I THADHANI
Hypertension 46:1250-1. 2005
- Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Case 38-2005. A 29-year-old pregnant woman with the nephrotic syndrome and hypertensionWinfred W Williams
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, USA
N Engl J Med 353:2590-600. 2005
- Biological Measures and Hemodialysis MortalityRavi Thadhani; Fiscal Year: 2006..We have in place detailed plans for the protection of patient privacy, inclusion of all patients, and data/sample sharing with the larger research community. ..
- Gestational Diabetes and Preeclampsia Cytokine ProfilesRavi Thadhani; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Ergocalciferol in ESRD Efficacy Safety and BiologyRavi Thadhani; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our study is designed to determine safe and effective ways to raise vitamin D levels while monitoring effects on the immune system. ..
- Antibody Microarray Predicting Pima Diabetic NephropathyRavi Thadhani; Fiscal Year: 2005..This R21 proposal may provide insight into the pathogenesis of DN, provide useful biomarkers to predict DN, and suggest early targets for intervention for this devastating disorder. ..
- ANDROGENS, LIPIDS, INSULIN AND HYPERTENSIVE PREGNANCIESRavi Thadhani; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Ergocalciferol in ESRD Efficacy Safety and BiologyRavi Thadhani; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our study is designed to determine safe and effective ways to raise vitamin D levels while monitoring effects on the immune system. ..