K G Tantisira
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Expression analysis of asthma candidate genes during human and murine lung developmentErik Melen
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Respir Res 12:86. 2011..Little is known about the role of most asthma susceptibility genes during human lung development. Genetic determinants for normal lung development are not only important early in life, but also for later lung function...
- Importin-13 genetic variation is associated with improved airway responsiveness in childhood asthmaBenjamin A Raby
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Respir Res 10:67. 2009..We hypothesize that common IPO13 genetic variation influences the anti-inflammatory effects of inhaled corticosteroids for the treatment of asthma, as measured by change in methacholine airway hyperresponsiveness (AHR-PC20)...
- Platform dependence of inference on gene-wise and gene-set involvement in human lung developmentRose Du
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 10:189. 2009..0 and the Illumina HumanRef-8 v2 Expression Bead Chips, for comparability in a biological system in which changes may be subtle, namely fetal lung tissue as a function of gestational age...
- Childhood infections and asthma: at the crossroads of the hygiene and Barker hypothesesK G Tantisira
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Respir Res 2:324-7. 2001....
- Association of body mass with pulmonary function in the Childhood Asthma Management Program (CAMP)K G Tantisira
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Thorax 58:1036-41. 2003..While increases in body mass index (BMI) have been associated with the incidence and prevalence of asthma, the mechanisms behind this association are unclear...
- Toll-like receptor 6 gene (TLR6): single-nucleotide polymorphism frequencies and preliminary association with the diagnosis of asthmaK Tantisira
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Genes Immun 5:343-6. 2004..Although replication of this finding in other, larger samples is needed, variation in TLR6 may have relevance to the pathogenesis of immunologically mediated diseases...
- Genetics and pharmacogenetics of the leukotriene pathwayKelan G Tantisira
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 124:422-7. 2009..Future studies aimed at providing a broader scope of investigation through increased sample sizes and through genome-wide approaches are needed...
- Genomewide association between GLCCI1 and response to glucocorticoid therapy in asthmaKelan G Tantisira
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
N Engl J Med 365:1173-83. 2011..We hypothesized that a genomewide association study would reveal novel pharmacogenetic determinants of the response to inhaled glucocorticoids...
- Overview of the pharmacogenetics of asthma treatmentS T Weiss
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pharmacogenomics J 6:311-26. 2006..Identification of such replicable loci is the next step towards the goal of 'individualized therapy' for asthma...