Zaldy S Tan
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Association of metabolic dysregulation with volumetric brain magnetic resonance imaging and cognitive markers of subclinical brain aging in middle-aged adults: the Framingham Offspring StudyZaldy S Tan
Veterans Administration Boston HealthcareSystem, Boston, MA, USA
Diabetes Care 34:1766-70. 2011..We aimed to comprehensively relate all of the components of metabolic dysregulation to cognitive function and brain magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in middle-aged adults...
- Bone mineral density and the risk of Alzheimer diseaseZaldy Sy Tan
Division on Aging, Harvard Medical School, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 110 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Arch Neurol 62:107-11. 2005..Bone mineral density (BMD) is a potential surrogate marker for cumulative estrogen exposure and has been associated with cognitive performance and risk of cognitive deterioration...
- Inflammatory markers and the risk of Alzheimer disease: the Framingham StudyZ S Tan
Department of Medicine, Institute for Aging Research, Hebrew Senior Life, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02131, USA
Neurology 68:1902-8. 2007..To examine whether serum cytokines and spontaneous production of peripheral blood mononuclear cell (PBMC) cytokines are associated with the risk of incident Alzheimer disease (AD)...
- Thyroid function and the risk of Alzheimer disease: the Framingham StudyZaldy S Tan
Department of Medicine, Gerontology Division, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 110 Francis St, LMOB 1A, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Arch Intern Med 168:1514-20. 2008..Clinical hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism are recognized causes of reversible dementia, but previous studies relating thyrotropin levels to cognitive performance in clinically euthyroid persons have yielded inconsistent results...
- Thyroid function and Alzheimer's diseaseZaldy S Tan
Division of Aging, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02160, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 16:503-7. 2009....
- Virtual patients in geriatric educationZaldy S Tan
Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center, VA Boston Healthcare System, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Gerontol Geriatr Educ 31:163-73. 2010....
- Inflammation in the Alzheimer's disease cascade: culprit or innocent bystander?Zaldy S Tan
Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center, VA Boston Healthcare System, Division of Aging in the Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 1620 Tremont Street, 3rd Floor, Boston, MA 02120, USA
Alzheimers Res Ther 2:6. 2010....
- Association of plasma leptin levels with incident Alzheimer disease and MRI measures of brain agingWolfgang Lieb
Framingham Heart Study, Framingham, Massachusetts, USA
JAMA 302:2565-72. 2009..The adipokine leptin facilitates long-term potentiation and synaptic plasticity in the hippocampus, promotes beta-amyloid clearance, and improves memory function in animal models of aging and Alzheimer disease (AD)...
- An educational intervention for providers to promote bone health in high-risk older patientsMark J Simone
Division of Gerontology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 59:291-6. 2011....
- The role of inflammation in the pathogenesis of delirium and dementia in older adults: a reviewMark J Simone
Division of Gerontology, Mount Auburn Hospital, Cambridge, MA, USA
CNS Neurosci Ther 17:506-13. 2011..To review recent evidence that suggests inflammation plays a similar role in the pathogenesis of delirium and dementia...
- Plasma total cholesterol level as a risk factor for Alzheimer disease: the Framingham StudyZaldy Sy Tan
Division on Aging, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Arch Intern Med 163:1053-7. 2003..We examined the impact of baseline and lifetime plasma total cholesterol levels averaged across many years on the risk for AD in a large, population-based cohort...